"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 10, 2008

The MIRACLE of PRAYER

Okay, I am SO sorry it has taken me SO SO long to update, and I appreciate ALL those who have been so concerned about my sweet Lilee girl!
GREAT NEWS...our prayers were truly heard and answered!!
We had the VCUG(which I should clarify, is NOT surgery, it is a test to see if the kidney reflux is there). The radiologist said there was NO sign of reflux. YEAH!
Then, on Thursday, we met with the urologist who performed the surgery. She had an ultrasound to check her kidneys and be sure no damage was done during the time before or after the surgery.
The nurse called me in to the lab and showed me the ultrasound and said, "We REALLY didn't think this surgery was going to work". When they went in for the laproscopic surgery two months ago, they found that Lilee didn't have any "tubes" for ureters. The surgery consists of injecting DEFLUX into those tubes to create bulges that will be a barrier and keep the urine from splashing into her kidneys. With NO tubes to inject, they were thinking about pulling out of the surgery. However, inspired from Heavenly Father, I'M SURE, they decided to inject the DEFLUX into her bladder walls, HOPING it would create the same bulges over time. I will repeat what the nurse said, "WE REALLY DIDN'T THINK THIS SURGERY WAS GOING TO WORK!" It was the first time they'd ever done this before and it was a HUGE SUCCESS!!
I KNOW that it was a miracle.
I know that days before the test, Lilee's body was still broken, I just could feel it! I also know that I had a very special experience that showed me that Heavenly Father HAD IN DEED heard our prayers!
I am SO grateful for all who sent up prayers and asked for healing. It has been a very uplifting thing for our family to go through! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!! THANK YOU TO A LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER who listens to our pleas and has the power to HEAL! We are so grateful to not worry about this anymore!!! THANK YOU!!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh I am soooo glad that everything went so good! It is amazing how our Father in Heaven blesses us!!!!! Yay for Lilee!!!

Elise&Dan said...

Wow! What a miracle!! I truly think HF doesn't want his little ones to suffer, and therefore heals them more quickly, and is watching over them constantly! What a blessing. I'm so happy that she is OK!!

Rochelle said...

Awesome!!!!!! I'm so glad everything is over with. Now you can rest easy.

Blair Family said...

Yeah!!! Glad to hear the good news.

Donna said...

Oh I am so happy that Lilee is healthy again! And you don't have to stress about her anymore...I know how it feels to be stressed and pregnant...not a good combo. Thank the Lord!!

Mark and Karen said...

Yeah! Such great news.

kimber said...

Great news, good to hear. It's NO fun having sick babies.

Ashley said...

Awe, I am so happy for you all!!! I'm tearing up right now. What a blessing.

Moss Family said...

YEAAAAAA!! I am so happy!!!!

Ren & Anna said...

That is wonderful news!!! What a miracle...I'm so relieved and happy for you guys.