"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lilee's tests...

Today is Lilee's second VCUG! This will determine if her kidney reflux has been corrected or if the first surgery was unsuccessful. I have been sick about this for days. If her condition requires the second, MUCH MORE INVASIVE surgery, she will be in the hospital for up to a week. It is a very serious surgery and I am scared to pieces for my little miss! Seth and I know the power of prayer to be true and miraculous. We are asking all who care for Lilee to send up your prayers to Heavenly Father today, ask him to heal her and keep her safe. We, of course, pray that no surgery is needed, but if it is the only way to heal her, we pray that she will be well and it will go smoothly! Thank you for your prayers and your support. I don't think I've ever been quite so nervous about finding out the results of a test before. Seth has to go in with her for the VCUG since I can't be in the radiology room in my current condition(pregnant). I am glad he will be there with her though, I don't want her to be scared during this test! We will post tomorrow about the results as long as we find something out! Again, thank you for your prayers, they are powerful!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You poor thing! It's no fun to deal with your kids going through trials...esp when they're so young! When Jacob was 3 he was in the hospital for a week. That is a strain emotionally! We'll pray for you and your family. I know you have lots of family around but please let me know if you need help with Keaton or anything else.

nat said...

Good luck Nikki (and family)! We def. we be praying for you all. You are such a great Mom!

Amie said...

Our thoughts and prayers have gone out for your Little Miss today!!! Call us and let us know how it went. Cute Halloween pics by the way! And yes...WHOOP WHOOP your little peanut is a person peanut now and Nick has less than a month!

Rochelle said...

Oh Nikki, I hope everything turns out just fine. Having kids go through something invasive is REALLY tough. I'm glad Seth can go into Radiology with her...she'll relax that way. I can never be in the room when they take x rays of my kids (lungs due to asthma) and it tears me up to hear them screaming. We'll be thinking of you.

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

Good Luck! It's always hard when it's your kids that have to go through these things. We will pray for her.

stef80 said...

I hope that everything went well yesterday. Let us know.