"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Handy Manny!!

I forgot to tell this story. This happened last week when Keaton had Lilee in the radiology lab getting her VCUG done.


Keaton and I were waiting in the hall outside the room and an older(45-55) Hispanic/Native American man stood beside us. He was obviously waiting for someone nearby as well. At first, Keaton didn't notice him, but when he did, he started saying, VERY LOUDLY, "mom...MOM...It's HANDY MANNY"!!!


I was kinda embarrassed as it appeared the man had heard us, and tried to get Keaton to stop talking. Of course, he kept repeating himself until I acknowledged him...wow I love that stage...and by that point I was doing EVERYTHING I could to keep from laughing.


The man didn't seem too pleased. If he KNEW who Handy Manny is (a Hispanic Disney character that has a magic tool box with talking tools and they all work together to "get the job done" while teaching Spanish phrases) he probably would have laughed. BUT, if he DIDN'T know, he might have thought Keaton was referring to our paid lawn man or something like that. Of course we don't HAVE a paid lawn man, but I can see where offense may have been taken.


Either way, it was hilarious and Keaton is turning into a VERY funny little guy!!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Funny!
Just today Jayden said, "mom I was voting for Obama...cuz that other guy was just way too old, he didn't even have hair!" I laughed so hard...it never ends with kids.

Kristi said...

I love it - especially when its - "why is that lady soooo FAT"??? and it is so hard to get them to not say those kinds of things.... HA HA !!!

Casey and Tamra said...

That is hilarious. I can't stop laughing. You have to start a laugh box...my sister always writes little snippits of the funny things her kids say. Whenever things get a little slow at family gatherings, we sit around and read them. They are so funny. That's what your Handy Manny story reminded me of. Hope you guys are doing well.

The Carney Family said...

That is great. Kids are so innocent. We had a recent, um, comment from Little Freeman about someone that it's to embarrassing to actually publish. I'll have to tell you in person whenever we get together! I'm glad that everything went well with Lilee! I'm so glad.

mshjwj said...

That is too funny. I could totally see Will doing something like that. Jessica saw some midgets a while ago and said something really loud and I wanted to just crawl under a rock.