"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Tag

I took this tag from Donna...and I've gotten different versions in E-mail form. It's a fun CHRISTMAS tag!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot, Hot, Hot...HOT CHOCOLATE(if you've seen the Polar Express, which I watch on a daily basis usually, you know what I'm talking about.)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Wraps em!

3. Colored or white lights on tree and house? Colored...but it may be pretty to do a themed tree with white lights...hmmm

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We did the first year we were married, but let's be honest, the first year you are married, who NEEDS mistletoe?!?! :)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually we do it all with the tree...since all our decorations are packed with the ornaments. SO, probably a few weeks before Christmas since we live in AZ and a tree won't last longer than that!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmmmmmmm, we don't really have anything thing that stands out...of course TURKEY is yummy and not all too common throughout the year. Idunno, I'll have to think!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My parents bought my brother and I mini Christmas trees and we each had our own ornaments for it. Then, they'd put one or two gifts under THAT tree and those were the ones we were allowed to open first, before waking them up! I loved it!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? OHhhhhhhhh, I will remember this for FOREVER!! Here's the story, I saw a pack of the yummy, kid gum, like bubblicious or something and asked my mom for a piece. She said, NO, it's for your brother. I got angry and she just told me it was because he lost a tooth...ummm, hello?? Doesn't the TOOTH FAIRY handle those things? Well, I got ANGRY and started crying and screaming(over dramatic much?) and ran into the bathroom and shouted that, "what...is Santa not real either?" to which there was silence and I cried my eyes out in the bathroom.alone.crushed for life!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It works out really nice because Seth's family has a big Christmas Eve tradition where my family never did, so we do Christmas over at the in laws on Christmas Eve and then Christmas morning, we have our own families Christmas and then go to my families for Christmas day, night. It's a good system!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Before we had any ornaments, we got a lot of the cheapest things we could find, which were the white, blues, silver plastic snowflakes. So, that's what the main THEME is, but we have since accumulated quite a lot more YEARLY ornaments that make it fun!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow is great in moderation!

12. Can you ice skate? Not well, but after a few minutes I can at least stay "up"!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Isn't this bad, but not really. The year I got my truck was AWESOME...but I think when I was younger it was more exciting, even if the gifts were smaller.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Now, with my kids getting older and understanding, I love to see the wonder in Keat's eyes and the excitement. I like to teach him why we REALLY celebrate Christmas and I love watching him as he hears all the stories of Baby Jesus and His entrance into the world. He, of course digs Santa too, but it's great to have him understand the real importance!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate! I love all the yummies you get in your stocking. I'm not a big pie person, so I just like the candy!! :)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We don't have a lot of traditions yet...maybe we'll start this year. We try to do all the things that I did when I was younger, Zoo lights, The railroad park, Temple Lights. It's all really just such a fun time! One thing that we have done for the last few years is to get a coffee table book from Deseret. First, we got the 10 Virgins story with amazing pictures. Then, we got "God Bless Your Way" last year. And this year we got the Reflections of Christ in book form with all the amazingly depicted scenes from Christs life. It's a good way to build our library.

17. What tops your tree? A krazy star thing that matches the iridescent snowflakes!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!! This year Seth and I decided no gifts for us(besides a new camera which we NEED) and we'll get our family really great gifts that they will love. It makes my day to see that happiness!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? There are SO many, but I really have always loved "O Holy Night" and "O Come All Ye Faithful".

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like the flavored ones, but the peppermint ones I could live without!

This was a great tag, and I tag anyone who wants to share their CHRISTMAS favorites with me!

2 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

This is a geat idea. I think I'll do one too in a week or so. So fun to see how others celebrate.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Love your crack about the mistletoe and newlyweds! Haha! You are so funny! You baby on your baby ticker is looking more and more like a baby. You're under 200 days now! Yay for you!