"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

KRAZY couple of weeks!!

WOW...we have been BUSY! Here is a quick recap of January. I hope I dont bore you with too many photos!!
.
We ventured up to Flagstaff for about 4 days a couple weekends ago to visit friends and experience SNOW! It was so much fun! I am bummed we didn't take more pictures of all the friends we were able to see, but here are some of Keaton in the snow for the first time! He loved it...except when he was too cold!!
.
Look at my cute little man!!
There were these stairs that had snow and ice covering them, so we turned it into a slide and Keat LOVED it!
Daddy and Keat...my little snow angels!
Trying to THROW snow like sand!
Mommy and Lilee
This was the BEST we could do for a family shot! This is the fireplace inside the hotel. Lilee was screaming, Keat was squirming, Seth is slouching, and I look like a stiff robot pose!
Oh well!

.
.
While we were there, we hung out and had a Wii bit of fun with the Oldroyds!! We just adore them and their cute, BIG, family! We are also excited to announce that they will be picking up their SON, JD, from Guatemala in about 4 weeks! YEAH!!!! Luke will be coming a bit later, and we will be praying until he is home with them safely!! Congratulations Becky and Dave on your new ADORABLE addition to the family.
.
Here is a photo of JD...
.
.
We also were reunited with some friends from college, Kristi and Jonathan Thom and Katherin Stapely! It was SUCH fun to hang out with them and catch up! We enjoyed showing off all of our precious children! Thanks again for meeting with us!! It was a blast!
.
Isn't it funny the lengths you will go to when you have kids. After the first day of NO NAPPING, we decided we HAD to get Keat to nap or our whole trip would be a disaster, so we DROVE TO SEDONA AND BACK, without stopping, just so he could nap in the car for a good hour and a half. It worked and he woke up from his nap in time to stop by the train station and watch a real "CHOOCHOO TWAIN" whistle by. I have never seen a boy shake so badly. At first we thought he was just so excited to see a train speed by 10 feet in front of him, but then we realized the whistle was scaring the pants off the kid. We quickly covered his ears and by the time the whistle stopped blowing he was ready to watch the rest of the 50 or so train "cars" go by! It was fun.
.
We also saw our good friend, Tyne, who again watched our kiddos one night so we could go out to a fancy shmancy dinner(sushi). She's doing great and we are all holding our breath that one day we can call her "family'! ;);) We love you Tyne!
.
.
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION:
While we were in Flagstaff, I celebrated my 26th birthday! Wahoo! :) I am officially at the age where birthdays are just another day! We went out for sushi with the Oldroyds that night! It was so fun to experience sushi "virgins". We hope we didn't scare them off with our soft shell crab or eel!! We ended the evening with ADORABLE flower cupcakes(thanks Bek) and another round of the Wii! OH, and I got a great massage from my hubby!
.
We were supposed to celebrate with the Francois' the Wed. before our trip, but after throwing up EVERY 45 minutes for 28 hours STRAIGHT, I decided dinner didn't sound too great!! So, we rescheduled for the following Wed. We met my fam and friends, Riss and Doug, at the California Pizza Kitchen! Yummmmo!! It was delicious and so great to be with such great family and friends!
.
That night, THANKS TO THE SUPPORT OF RISS, we went and got our baby girls EARS PIERCED!! OH MY GOODNESS...she is adorable!! I have ALWAYS wanted to do this because getting my ears pierced was SO tramatic. I had NO idea she would look as cute as she does...perhaps I'm a bit biased!! She of course cried, but she was a trooper and as soon as I picked her up she was over it! She was sure to give me a good grumpy face for a couple minutes, but she hasn't even noticed them since!
.
Here is my beauty!!


.
Our final birthday celebration was with the Beckers this past Sunday night. We had a yummy dinner that I requested...chicken in a bisquit!! YUMMMMMMM!!! Thanks everyone for making such a great meal!! It's so nice to have such close family to celebrate altogether! We finished the meal off with a delicious texas sheet cake(thanks Amie).
.
.
My loot!! This year I picked my own birthday present out from Seth!! Right after Christmas there was a sale and I just had to have it!! I have been lusting after a diamond band pretty much since we got married. So, I found a VERY affordable one and Seth got it for me!! I love it! NOW, I just have to get my other band UNsatered(don't know how to spell that) and we'll be good to go!! Sorry no picture, maybe I'll try soon! My family gave me spending money and a WHOLE DAY OF BABYSITTING!!! I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait!! From the Becker's I got tons of new CD's and movie passes(with popcorn and soda), some perfume and beauty stuff, AND....
A CHI!!!

YEAH for a new straightener!! I can't wait to use it!! I love my CHI!!!
.
.
So, that has been our month!! It's almost over and next month will likely be just as krazy!! My baby will be TWO!! YIKES!!:) Until then...thanks for reading!!:)

15 comments:

kimber said...

Wow you have been busy. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you've had a lot of fun. I love all the pictures. I want to take a trip to the snow, maybe if we can ever get our kids healthy. You'll have to let me know how you like your new straightner, I really need a new one.

cammac said...

cute pictures. I haven't been in the snow in soooo long. your little girl is beautiful! happy birthday! I totally know what you mean when you say that birthdays are now just another day. It's crazy- this getting older stuff. Although, you are so young and look fabulous! Love, Cam

andreamatrix said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds like fun, but I can't say I am a sushi fan. I am a huge fan of the chi. I've had mine for 2 years and it's going strong!

Moss Family said...

YEA!!! Your daughter is adorable with her ears pierced!! And look at those blue eyes...BEAUTIFUL! Looks like you had fun in flagstaff! And your V-day Blog...too cute! OF COURSE you can join for food storage..anyone can! We really need to get together! Im totally jealous of your Chi!

Mark and Karen said...

Happy belated! Sounds like you are having a blast. I love sushi. We have a sushi restaurant here where the the different choices of sushi go around the different tables on a conveyer belt. You just pick up what you like and eat it. The plates are color coated by price so you know how much your spending. It is so fun and delicious!

Mark and Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Happy Birthday! I totally forgot! What kind of a friend am I?! I love the first pic you put on there of Keaton! He looks so cute!! And you look so pretty in the pic with you and Lily!! Your hair is getting long! Love the earrings on Lily! I'm still trying to talk Craig into getting Mallory's pierced!

Ren & Anna said...

Wow, you made out! I love the straightener...and a ring?? Nice!!! Happy b-day to you! Cute pictures too.

Ashley said...

Aww...Lilee looks so cute with her ears pierced!!! I *think* I am going to do Ella's while she is a baby too, why remember that if you don't have to right??? My old email pretty much blew up so I don't have your email address anymore, so just email me at girlygirlashlee@yahoo.com with the ones you want to order....I added more new ones today too!!! I'm having so much fun making them!!! Ella is seriously going to have like hundreds of headbands!!! lol!!!

Knights said...

Flagstaff looked like a lot of fun! That snowy slide was a great idea - I bet Keaton had a blast :-) Can't wait to see the new ring . . ohhhhhhh awwwwwww!

Aaron & Brittney said...

Happy Belated B-day! Looks like you had lots of good celebrating! I bet it was nice to go to flag for a few days. We miss it!

Kristi said...

Yeah! we were sooo glad to get to see you too! It was a great time! I am sorry to hear that you got sooo sick! no fun!
I am so jealous that you peirced Lilees ears - I want to do Hannah and Emmas so bad but i don't want to be the one bawling - which I am pretty sure would happen! I can handle my own pain but not my kids - ya know?
I hope we get to see you again soon. We are planning a zoo trip soon!

Lindsey said...

Nikki, you are brave to get her ears pierced... Way to go! She looks great!

Ashley said...

No I don't mind at all girl!!! Please do spread the word, I'm having fun making bows and it keeps me busy while Jake is gone!!! lol!!!

Francis said...

Fun snow photos! Lilee is getting so big. It is amazing how fast time flies. I heard she was sick...we'll keep you in our prayers.