"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

While I know I need to update on all the fun things we've been up to...my heart has been so heavy today that I find the need to dedicate a special post to our beloved Prophet,
Gordon B. Hinckley
SALT LAKE CITY 27 January 2008 President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through twelve years of global expansion, has died at the age of 97.President Hinckley was the 15th president in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its president since 12 March 1995.The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from causes incident to age. Members of his family were at his bedside. A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley’s funeral within the next few days.
I am so grateful for this man! After hearing of his passing last night, I have been filled with such a different kind of sadness. How can you be sad for a man who has devoted his life to Heavenly Father and is MOST DEFINATELY reaping the rewards now?! Some have described it as bittersweet, and I would have to agree. The world is going to miss this Man of God and will remember all that he has done for it.
I have thought so much of his reunion with his love, his wife Marjorie Pay Hinckley. What a sweet sweet reunion that must have been.
President Hinckley was the only prophet I have ever known. After being baptized in 2000, I have grown to deeply love this man and admire and cherish all that he has taught me. I will miss him and hope to live my life as he did, dedicated to God and family!

I'm so grateful for a Gospel that ensures that we will be with our families forever and will see those we love again! What a blessing!

1 comments:

Aaron & Brittney said...

What a great man! He will be missed so much. He worked so hard right until the end. We are lucky to have lived during his time.

I am so glad you understand the whole scouting thing! It is just crazy! Anyways- I used the picasa program from google to edit my pictures. You can get the program for free at www.picasa.google.com. You can edit pictures, create web albums, etc.
Hope you guys are doing good!
Brittney