"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lilee Renee

I cannot believe that I started this blog to announce the arrival of our little BEAUTY to the world! I cannot believe that she is ONE YEAR OLD already! Lilee turned ONE on Saturday!! Where has the time gone?! I also cannot remember what life was like before she blessed our family with her presence! What a gift she has been...we love her!!

Lilee is one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen...I know I am biased, but it's also just the truth!!:)

Lilee has an infectious laugh and smile...she has started to give this super cheeser smile where she squints her eyes and shows her teeth!!

Lilee and Keaton are best friends...I can't believe how well they get along despite her being only one! She plays with him like a pro and has become quite the "car" girl. She can "vroom" with Keaton all day long!!

Lilee is a sweetheart...she smacks her lips to give kisses, will smooch any baby she sees, and she gives the most gigantic hugs for a one year old...we love our little snuggle bug!

Lilee is DRAMA...we knew having a girl would be krazy when she was 13, but 1? :) Lilee can fake cry/scream like she's 3!! Everything is the end of the world, but she is that much happier when we "fix" the problem!!

Lilee is such a hoot...she does the most random and funny things sometimes it is just hilarious!! Sometimes she stands on her head to watch everyone, or when you are talking to her she will start shaking her head NO and then crawl away!!:)

Lilee is STUBBORN..wowza. She CAN walk...absolutely, she has been standing up and walking around furniture since she was 6 months old...but Lilee WON'T walk. When you stand her up, she doesn't fall, she sits!! She knows she is a master crawler and absolutely refuses to get from A to B walking! I keep telling her that a 16 year old going on their first date may not have many more when they crawl to the car!!:)

Lilee is precious!! She has brought such joy to our family and our life is SO much more enriched to have her with us! We all adore her and are excited to watch her grow!

ONE YEAR STATS:
22lbs and 10oz=50-75th%
32 inches long=off the charts!
Here are my favorite pictures of Lilee!!








HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
WE LOVE YOU LILEE RENEE!!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday cute Lil Lilee! She is such a precious girl! I can't believe it has been a year either! That means Hannah only has 2 months.... AHHHHHHH!

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Lilee has the cutest personality as well..I'm glad you went into detail about her. I've told Tannon the same thing too..He's not getting the keys to the car unless he can WALK to the car. Funny huh. They can walk, they just can crawl so much better.

Amie said...

Awwww, I just LOVE that Lilee girl! She is such a mommy in training! I thought your post about her was awesome! She's going to love to read all those things about herself! :)What a beauty!

nat said...

What in the world is that baby ticker doing on your blog? Are you telling us something or am I just just crazy? Happy b-day beautiful girl!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday little Lilee!! Tanner was the same way with the walking thing and just decided to go for it a few days after his birthday...like he was doing it his whole life! And what's this "Nikki's baby: 251 days to go"?? Am I missing something??

mshjwj said...

Yeah what's the deal, Nikki?????? Are you prego? Those pics of Lilee are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love those bows!!!!!!!!

andreamatrix said...

Too cute! I want one of those T-shirts too!

andreamatrix said...

I'm checking in to see those birthday cake pictures....

Amanda said...

I can't believe how darn cute she is! I love the last picture of her, that one that needs to be framed!