"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our "buddy"


*
Whenever Keaton and daddy get together you can be sure two things are happening...lots of FUN and lots of the word "BUDDY"! Since Keat was born, Seth has called him buddy when they are goofing around or whatever. "can you get such and such buddy"..."Thanks, buddy"..."I'm gonna get ya buddy"!
*

*
Well, lately, Keat has turned the tables and calls both of us BUDDY all the time...it's so cute!! If you ask him for something or if you do something he has asked, he replies, "Here ya go, buddy"..."Thank you buddy"!! I catch him all the time and say, "who am I"...I have to remind him that I'm MOMMY, not BUDDY!! He really is our little buddy though!
*

*
So much more independent and SUCH a dare devil. The kid is not afraid of anything...except a dark room or tunnel!! He's the first to concoct some krazy scheme of "flying" or tumbling or just about anything. Luckily(did I just say that) for us, Lilee is the same way, so the two of them can spend hours together laughing their heads off as Keat dances around the room falling into any and everything!! When she is sturdy on her feet, we're gonna be in trouble.
*
Yep, that's right...Lilee is STILL NOT WALKING!!
*


*
The little goof has been standing up and "walking" around furniture since she was SIX months old...she can TOTALLY walk if she wanted to...and she has even taken as many as 4 steps (1st step taken on September 4th) and can stand alone for however long...BUT SHE JUST WON'T WALK!! I know I'm gonna get about a dozen posts about how it's a good thing and it's better that she not walk now...blah blah blah!! I want her to walk. She's at the point where she doesn't want to crawl, she wants to hold onto my fingers and walk, so just get 'er done already!!
*


*
I really wanted her to be walking by her 1st birthday, so we've got less than 2 weeks!! tick tock tick tock!! She's so stubborn, she could be crawling when she is 16!! We love her though...she's just the sweetest little lady. And she's still cute as EVER!!
*


*
I love my kids...how did I get so blessed?! What did I do to deserve such wonderful little people in my life?! I always knew that motherhood was something I wanted to experience, but who knew it would be "THE" experience of my life...the most important thing to ever happen to me.
*
I'm so grateful for my little family...so grateful for the chaos(it means we are healthy and happy)...so grateful for the tight money(it means we have LOTS and are able to share)...so grateful for the headache(it means I get more kisses from my kids and I can appreciate life more when it's over)...and so grateful for my role as a mother(of course, it helps to have the most supportive man in the world by my side encouraging me each day that this is the greatest calling in the world...I love you Seth)!
*

*

2 comments:

Amie said...

Again, LOVE all your quotable quotes! You always give the best journaling posts. That top picture of Lilee is to die for. Oh is she a beauty!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

So glad you got to talk to the doctor. So glad you got some answers! When there's something wrong it's so hard to go to bed at night wondering what your child's body is really going through. I really hope things go well with her. . . and you! I'm glad your head is feeling better. That last picture of you and Seth is so cute! You have such a fun little family. LUV that Keaton calls you guys Buddy! So sweet! LUV that you said Motherhood is THE experience! So true! You are so cute!