"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, July 6, 2008

No Fireworks Needed

Things sure went out with a bang for the 4th!! It's been a whirlwind since Friday. Long story short...Keat was bitten by a dog Friday evening, he had three lacerations that required seven stitches in his face. A shot of antibiotics later and we thought the worst was over (believe me...it was the WORST...it was just aweful seeing those stitches in my baby) and then he woke up on Saturday and had some swelling. By noon, his swelling had spread from his wounds to his cheek and his right side of his face was red and puffy. He didn't look anything like himself...he was totally disfigured...it was so sad. We took him to the ER and they admitted him. They started an IV (again, it was just aweful) and he took a ride in an ambulance to Thunderbird Hospital (they have a pediatric ward here) and we've been here ever since. We are waiting to talk to the Dr. and see how many more nights we'll have to stay...but HOPING to go home today sometime!! Say prayers that my sweet boy will get better quickly that his infection will heal and his wounds won't cause him pain or discomfort!! We have our cell phones if anyone needs to contact us!! I'll update soon!!

UPDATE on Lilee: Her tests came back and she indeed has a UTI...she is on antibiotics until we can get her in for testing and ultrasounds. One step at a time I guess!! Continued prayers for her would be great as well!! Thanx!

13 comments:

Aaron & Brittney (Dayton) Bond said...

Oh no! Everything just seems to be happening all at once for you guys! I am so sorry to hear that about Keaton. The poor little guy must be in so much pain and I am sure it is killing you to see that. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. We would love to have little Lilee come over and play or something. Keep us posted.

Mark and Karen said...

When it rains, it pours!! I do hope he heals quickly. Do you know the dog?

So sorry, it must be scary. We will be praying for you.

nelson6 said...

Oh my heavens Nik, that poor baby! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers! So glad that Lillee is ok, those are no fun though. Let us know if you guys need anything at all!

Kristi said...

Oh Nikki, soooo sorry! you are in our prayers! I hope everything will be ok with him! I am glad to hear that Lilee is on the mend! Sweet lil kids...

Amie said...

Beckers! What's going on here??? It is definitely POURING for you. We love you guys so much. I have been worried sick about Keat since Saturday when we found out. It was so good to go to the hospital and see him running around and being Keat! Thanks for letting us come. We're praying for both your little ones...and YOU!

Elise&Dan said...

It sounds like your family is having some rough patches lately!!! I hope things smooth over really soon! Poor things!!

Elise&Dan said...

PS. Can you kill that dog? I would have been so mad!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I'm so sorry! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Rochelle said...

Oh, Nikki, I hope everything gets better for you. Sick kids are one thing, but injured kids are definitely worse! Good luck with everything. I'm an animal lover...but push to have that animal put down. (and I don't even have to know the story)

kimber said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. How scary! I'm glad your at Thunderbird, they were the best when Tyler was there.
Your in our prayers!

Ashley said...

Ohhhh Nikki!! I'm so sorry for your two kiddos!! I bet Keat is so freaked out. Poor thing, how scary that it was his face too!! How did that happen??? I hope everything gets better for both of them quickly!!

Donna said...

Oh Nikki! Your poor babies! Ever since my baby cousin was bitten by a chow chow dog I hate the dogs...so hopefully this wasn't a dog you cared alot for...cause you'll never feel the same about them. I hope your little guy gets better soon...and Lilee! You are in our prayers.

Ren & Anna said...

Oh my gosh! You are dealing with so many things right now!! We'll keep you in our prayers. Keep us posted on how it turns out. I'm sure everybody will be fine but it's stressful.