"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 17, 2008

5 AMAZING YEARS...

I got this idea from a friend when she celebrated her anniversary and I'm gonna steal it...


*5 YEARS

*HAD 3 BEeeeeeeeAUTIFUL KIDS

*GOT 1 ANNOYING DOG

*GOT RID OF 1 ANNOYING DOG

*COMPLETED 3 DEGREES (2 Bachelors and 1 Masters)

*BOUGHT 1st HOME

*4 PROMOTIONS (Not me...I'm still at my regular pay, but I wouldn't have it any other way)

*LOTS OF BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS

*EVEN MORE LOVE


It was the HOTTEST day of the year so far...our FIRST stop after pictures was the Circle K by the Temple...in our suit and dress and all...the people working just laughed when we bought a GIANT thirst buster!

After looking at my list, I'm not sure it details all the amazing things that have happened these past 5 years...WOW, FIVE YEARS!! It doesn't seem that long...I can't remember a time when I didn't love Seth...it seems so natural! I sometimes believe I was BORN to be with that man! Totally sappy, but "he completes me"...more like he COMPLIMENTS me. He is my perfect partner in crime! We feed off of each other to get things done and I believe that is what a marriage is meant to be like. We are a very equal partner relationship and I'm grateful that Seth is that way. He helps me do SO much around the house and he is always doing so much more than I expect! He loves me...so unconditionally. He wants me to be everything that I can be and what's more is that he wants me to be what HE KNOWS I can be! He believes in me. We have had a wonderful 5 years...not an EASY 5 years by any means, but wonderful none the less. I don't think marriage should necessarily be EASY...especially the first 5 years. It's work. It takes patience, long suffering, adaptability, thick skin sometimes, and lots and lots of love! We haven't always excelled at all of those all the time, but one thing we have always kept in our hearts is LOVE! My love for Seth has NEVER dwindled...it has never wavered...and it has only grown to a capacity I was unaware existed 5 years ago! I am grateful to know that we will be together for ETERNITY! What a blessing to know that our love can continue on FOREVER! He's the only man I want to spend FOREVER with!! I love you, Sethee-Poo!! You are my rock, you are my light...and I cannot IMAGINE my life without you!


Our First Institute Dance
Dating...

Right after Seth proposed...Eater Sunday
Engagement Photos...

15 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

I love, love all the pictures! Happy anniversary!! July seems to be a popular month for us Arizona people. We must be nuts because it is so stinkin hot in July!!

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures :)

kimber said...

So sweet, you guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys go do something really fun, you deserve it.

Rochelle said...

Happy Anniversary~!!!!!!! cute pics.

Steph said...

You look so pretty on your wedding. well always but, weddings are different!!! How fun, congrats on 5 years. Thanks for sharing!

Kristi said...

Congrats! You two really are MFEO (Sleepless in Seattle!). I loved thte pics and all of the wonderful things you had to say about your hubby! So sweet!

Ren & Anna said...

That is sooo cute! I LOVE the Circle K story and I love the dating picture with your curly hair. You guys look so young!

Francis said...

5 years - WOW!!! Congratulations and I love all the pictures. You two look so great together!

Knights said...

What a great blog! Happy anniversary :-) I love all the pictures of you two - so cute!

cammac said...

Happy 5th Anniversary! GORGEOUS bride! I love your hair. Oh! I'm so sorry to hear about Keaton's experience with the dog. NO FUN! Glad he is doing okay! Love, Cam

Amie said...

Ahhhh, such babies. That last picture looks like it was taken...mmmm...six months ago! :) You're both TIMELESS. Especially that twelve year old husband of yours! Maybe if he followed his advice to Alex and ate some jalepanos he could grow some chest hair! Loved all the pictures. Ah, memory lane is a fun place to be!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Soooooo cute!! I love all the pics of you guys! You guys are so good looking. No wonder you produce darling children!! :) I hope you guys got a night to celebrate!

Ashley said...

SOO CUTE!! Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding dress was amazing and you looked so gorgeous!!!

nelson6 said...

Awe, Happy A-Day!

mshjwj said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys look the same as you did then!