"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Did I mention LIFE IS GOOD?!

Okay...miracle of ALL miracles...Lilee crashed ON THE FLOOR at 7pm(2 hours before her usual bedtime) and Keat followed suit at 8pm! SO...Seth is at mutual and I am bound and DETERMINED to catch up on my blog!!

First, LILEE IS CRAWLING...what the heck?! I wasn't going to call it actual crawling until my mother in law saw her on Sunday and said it was definitely crawling. She does this sort of caterpillar crawl, but she gets EVERYWHERE! I'm sure I'm not outta the woods yet, but SO FAR, Keat isn't too bothered by his MONSTER of a sister caterpillar-ing herself on top of him when he's laying down watching a movie or grabbing the toys he is so desperately trying to contain. SO FAR anyways! In fact, most of the time, he just laughs and then turns it into a game. What a sweet boy!! I am loving that she is mobile though...she's happy, I'm happy!


Doesn't this picture look like those ghostly things from Harry Potter that suck the life out of people?! SO FUNNY!!

At the splash pad on Park Day!

A CUuuuuuuuuTE picture of my newest nephew Aaron!!


Lilee takes a bath like a big girl now...no more baby tub!!

I love this little bunch!!



Next, I had to share some awesome(sarcasm) pictures of how Seth and I celebrated our TAX RETURN!! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the Melting Pot (in Scottsdale...they are actually opening one at Arrowhead in a month or so). It truly was AMAZING! The pictures REALLY don't do it justice, but it was wonderful! Thanks MOM AND DAD for watching our little Twinkies! We also went and watched the movie, Baby Mama...I about CRIED laughing. I must say though that it does have some bad parts...language and such, but I think Amy Pohler is one of the FUNNIEST women alive and I about died watching her in this movie!! SO...it was a great night with fantastic food and what better way to spend it than with the love of my life!! Thanks Seth-ee for a great night out!!


Cheese Fondue to start...

Followed by a DELICIOUS Caribbean salad...

YUMMY entree to follow...

End it with a Cookies and Cream fondue desert...okay, so we were a bit eager and forgot the BEFORE picture...dang!! I guess we'll just have to go again for that one!


What a DORK...do you SEE what I have to put up with?! :) He ALWAYS keeps me laughing!




I saved the best for last!! OUR MARCH FOR BABIES WALK!!! It was the most BEAUTIFUL morning and we had a GREAT time! I cannot thank you all enough for your support! The grand total for our team and all our individual pledges was somewhere in the $500's!! Can you believe that?! I was so impressed and grateful for everyone's donations! I especially want to thank everyone who not only came out to support us at the walk but who also graciously purchased a TEAM shirt(that Seth designed and Richard O. made) so we all would look great walking together!! We sure stood out in our GREEN and it was just amazing to see all of us there. We had about 25 in our group!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! It is DEFINITELY a cause worth all the time and effort we put into it. We will do it again next year so if you are interested, let us know!!


I LURVE this family shot!!

Before the walk started...we were missing a few people!


During the walk...don't we stand out!?

Here is the WHOLE group...L-R Sara, Becky, Seth w/Lilee and Keat, Donna, Holly w/ Clark, Craig w/ Mallory and Chase, Richard, Abe w/ Aidan and Tanner, Lindsey, ME, Tiff w/ Freeman and Nathan, Lindsey, Mike w/ Amy, Samara, and Eddie! I couldn't forget Lorissa...she was TAKING the picture!

Look at my little chunk...she LOVED the bubbles...well, as much as you can love them when you have NO CLUE what they are...cute tights, eh?!

15 comments:

andreamatrix said...

You guys look awesome in green! Making me even more jealous that I couldn't walk or even watch! I think this should become a yearly tradition!

Francis said...

Thanks for the blog update! I can't believe Lilee is crawling. The walk looked like a lot of fun. Keep us posted on next year's walk!

kimber said...

I LOVE the Melting Pot, me and Dave first went in Utah when we lived there and I forgot they have one here. That's gonna be our next "nice" dinner. Their dessert is to die for!
I'm sorry I missed the March for Babies, hopefully I'm around next year to do it.

Donna said...

That was a great day..thanks again! I agree, it should definitely be a tradition!! And as always, your kids are SO adorable!

Steph said...

NIkki, You nut....you were wearing flip flops! You all look great. I cant believe your baby is crawling. She needs to stay a baby! LOVE LOVE LOVE the tights. Jayli is way into tights!

Lindsey said...

So much fun! Thanks for letting us walk with you guys and I'm glad you had fun at the melting pot. Looks like you made some wise choices!

Rochelle said...

since I'm sicking around...I'm all for the walk next year (sorry i was too crazy this year). Cute post with all the pics, you guys are the best

Moss Family said...

I LOVE the green shirts! I for sure want to participate next year...sorry this year didn't work out. Yes, we need to have another playdate...maybe we can go to the splash pad in Tempe or something. Your kiddos are super cute and growing up fast!

mshjwj said...

Looks like you guys had a great day on the Walk. I have never eaten at the Melting Pot. It looks delicious!

Rae said...

Looks like the walk was so fun. Maybe we can do it next year. Your girl is so cute and she is already getting around I love it. Ivy is still sitting and has yet to get up on her knees. But I'm ok with that for now. And yes I love the tights.

Amie said...

Great post, Nikki! I am so excited that you met, and way EXCEEDED your donation goal. Great job! I love the picture of Lilee "eating" Keaton's face, and her tights are amazing! Where can I get some? Thanks for posting a pic of my little man! I am going to be so sad when he loses all that fabulous hair! :)

Elise&Dan said...

Sounds like you are busy and happy, and that's the best way to be!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I LOVE the "Harry Potter" picture!! So darn cute!! We LOVED the walk. Thank you so much for inviting us to participate. You guys are such a fun couple!

Ren & Anna said...

You guys look great. I'm glad you got sooo much support!! And I'm glad you got to try the Melting Pot. It's our favorite, too. It's so delicious!!

Jess & Sara Phillips said...

Definately let me know when you are coming up. I just found out that you know the McCall family, they live two blocks away from us.