"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 11, 2008

You Drive Me Crazy!

An overplayed Britney Spears song may come to mind when you read the title of my post...however, I am referring to a different kind of crazy!
You know, the one that hits when you find your two year old
1.) AWAKE after putting him to bed 30 minutes earlier and
2.) you smell the very pungent odor of nail polish.
OR, the one that makes you sick to your stomach when you find 1/4 of your makeup is not only ruined but ornately decorating your son. It doesn't help when your husband is more concerned with whether he put the makeup on his body or on his FACE...gasp(how could MY son put makeup on HIS face?!)!
OR maybe still, it's the heat that you feel rise to your ears as your two year old empties an ENTIRE box of Frosted Flakes onto the carpet...not to mention the clothes, toys, and baby sister, that happened to be on the carpet at the time!
"but mom, THEY'RE GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAT!"

If that is the kind of KRAZY you can relate to...share your stories...it would be LOVELY to know my UNBELIEVABLY terrible two~isn't so unbelievable!

Just because I find it difficult to post without pictures, here are some recent ones!!
Here is the latest adventure in POTTY TRAINING!!
I don't know if I'm more excited about him being on the potty or READING!!:)
He got these EASTER BUNNY teeth from none other than the EASTER BUNNY!!:) What a dork!!
We spent a Family Home Evening planting flowers around our tree...look at my sweetness! (I'm talking about Lilee)
Despite the aforementioned naughtiness that occurs pretty regularly, Keat really is a big help!
What cute kiddos they are!
First day in the POOL!! Have you seen a more excited face in your life?!
Keat sure loves Lilee!!
Goin' down the slide for the first time...look at Lilee trying to figure out how she is going to get over there to get in on the action...she wants to be JUST like her big brother!:)
Kolby got this kewl sprinkler thing for his B-day and we all had fun with it!
These three boys are SO cute together. I love how close they are getting and watching them interact!! They will be the best of friends!!

10 comments:

andreamatrix said...

You crack me up! I remeber Trevin with a brand new box of Cocoa Puffs and my brand new carpet.... Not a good mix. Keat looks like a pro with his book on the pot. Save that for his fiance....

threecrazykids said...

Cute post! I love 2 year olds. I can't believe I'm only gonna have one more go through that stage. :(
They grow up too fast. They drive you crazy, but they are so cute at the same time.

nelson6 said...

Oy ve' I sooo understand the 2 year old thing...it was the best of times...it was the worst of times! You kids are cute as can be!

Moss Family said...

OH Nikkie....When it isn't your child...the stories are so funny! I guess I have lots of adventures to come, huh? But...your kids are so cute...especially Keat on the toilet

Kristi said...

Don't get me started on the stories but trust me they are SOOOO typical for 2 year old boys! You just gotta love em!
I think Russ is more of a stinker at 3 though... (am I scareing you???)
He is really a sweety! One day you will miss it:) (that is what I hear anyway!)

Moss Family said...

You are so nice...thank you. The funny thing is...I JUST found out I was prego this last week. I had NO idea until I got sick and started feeling "prego"...no clomid, not trying, nothing...so I was probably pregnant at D-land, but I HAD NO IDEA. We had decided we would use clomid and try in July...but H. Father had a new plan for us!!! I guess I CAN be fertile!!???hmmmm...so....the Dr. and I think I may be 6 weeks...but then they checked me and said I could be 6-8 weeks...so they are doing an ultra sound in 2 weeks to get a better due date. I would guess I am 6 weeks based on how I am feeling compared to last time I was pregnant??? Time will tell.

Jennifer said...

My favorite part was, "but Mom they're grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!" I could totatlly see you imitating Keat. Ashlyn's biggest troubles are the markers she finds - so far I've been pretty lucky with keeping my makeup unreachable. Thanks for sharing!

Aaron & Brittney (Dayton) Bond said...

Oh boy! Looks like all kinds of excitement at your house with that crazy boy! I am just starting the terrible two's phase I think and can already tell I am in for some fun! :) ... at least it is just a phase ...RIGHT? :) The pictures are so cute and look like fun!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Sooooo funny!! Boys are so busy!! I was laughing so hard! I think we've all been there with the makeup and nail polish. Once you've had to clean up nail polish - you are a true mother!!

Melissa said...

Nikki I feel your pain! Just remember one boy is nothing compared to THREE! Actually my first two never did stuff like that. Caleb is a whole different story. Check my blog in a couple days. I'll post one just for YOU of all our lovely messes from him.