"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 10, 2008

Decisions, decisions

Potty Training or Disneyland?

Disneyland or Potty Training?

Well, as you can imagine...I chose Disneyland!! AHhhhhhhhhhh, am I TOTALLY insane?! We were SUPPOSED to start potty training today, but then better plans came along and instead...I am leaving for DISNEYLAND TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!! AHhhhhhhh, I'm taking Keat for a mommy/son date and will be back on Thursday. I'm going with a couple great friends and their kiddos! I am SOooooooo not the type of person to do this, but it's the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH...right?! Who could pass that up!? I really hope he behaves and things are fun, but I'm sure they will be...although I am a bit nervous!! AHhhhhhhhhhh, I still can't believe I'm doing this!! Wish us luck...oh, and potty training will begin NEXT WEEK!! Stay tuned for details with that saga!! I'll post photos when I get back!!!

12 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

How fun! We told Lauren we could go again if she could stay completely dry for a week. She still has a problem remembering to get to the bathroom in time. No big accidents just a little tinkle, enough to make her always smell like pee. Anyway we also told our children we needed to save some money for the trip. So Lauren found a nickel one day and gave it to her dad saying, "Here is some money so we can go to disneyland and now I just need to stay dry!" It was so sweet because she really thinks a nickel will help and is so sincere about getting better at keeping dry. We have high hopes of going to the happiest place on earth soon.

Good luck and have tons of fun!

andreamatrix said...

Sounds like fun! Pay attention in the parking lot. Everyone at Disneyland over break is from Arizona. It's so funny!

Knights said...

Thats great! What can go wrong at the Happiest Place on Earth! :-) Enjoy your time!

kimber said...

Have fun Nikki, I'm so jelous. I'm totally the spontaneous trip taking kind of person. You only live once, do all you can when you have the opportunity to do it.

threecrazykids said...

You are making the right choice. Potty training can take forever (depeding on the kid). If you waited to go and Keaton didn't learn quickly, you'd be stuck and mad that you'd started it. Potty training is so much fun, luckily, my kids have been easy. The lord must know that that is the only thing that truely grosses me out.

Steph said...

yeah you should for sure pick disneyland or potty training. The toilet will still be there next week!!!! I'm jealous, I want to go. I think we are planning a trip later in the year. Have a great time!

Shauna said...

Hey Nikki! It's so good to hear from you- I'm thrilled you found my blog! Lilee is adorable! I can't wait to catch up. Have fun in Disneyland!

Shauna

Ren & Anna said...

Have so much fun! There will always be time to potty train. Go have fun!!

nat said...

Have a blast! Wish I could come!

Lindsey said...

I'm so insanely jealous! I heart Disneyland! I hope the kiddos are good for you. Call me when you get home.

Ashley said...

Aaawwwweee....Nikki, I'm sad I missed you!!! This week has been so insane for us, Jake was able to be home this week and yesterday was Jacob's birthday!! We even thought about taking him to Disneyland for his b-day, but I wasn't sure if I could walk all day long....toughie!! I hope you had lots of fun, that sould so cute a mommy and son outing!! I hope you got your bows and bracelets and you love them!!!

mshjwj said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!!