"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby Names...tagged!

Tagged...by Sara!
The tag is to say HOW/WHY we chose the baby names we did...here goes!
LOGAN KARL~The Logan Temple is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TEMPLE and I always knew our first boy would be Logan! It is much more popular now, but still not too well known which I love! Karl is in tribute of Seth's dad. Logan Karl is a very special name for a very special boy!!
KEATON SETH~About a week after we found out we were pregnant, Seth and I went to California for a couple days. I am the type of person who HAS TO HAVE A NAME PICKED OUT...I even stress about it. So, with a tiny cell inside of me growing, I was stressing about names. The last night we were there...I had a dream. In my dream, we had twin boys...Keaton and Kai. I told Seth and he said NO to Kai, but LOVED the name Keaton. I had NEVER heard of another kid with the name Keaton before and it is bizarre because it wasn't until later that I thought about the actors with Keaton as surnames! I still have never actually MET another Keaton, but know of other kiddos with the name. I like an "off" name like that. And, obviously, Seth is after his daddy...who he happens to be a clone of, so it worked out!!:) I never thought that Keaton would have a nickname...but he is DEFINITELY a KEAT!!
LILEE RENEE~There again, I have ALWAYS LOVED THE NAME Lily...and KNEW I'd name my first daughter it. Something about it being different and "classic" sounding. I have a weird thing with the letter "Y" though...I like names to be spelled different. So, instead of "Y", we spell it with "EE"s! LILEE! It also fit PERFECTLY with the spelling of RENEE(which is MY middle name). The spelling flows...Lilee Renee! She is our little Lilee Bean....LalalalaLileeee...the name just fits out chunk perfectly!!
NOW...do you wanna hear all the other names we have picked out for our football team...that's how many kids I'd have to have to give them all the names I love!!:) Guess we'll all just have to wait and see WHO comes to our family next!!:)
Thanks for tagging me, Sara, this was a lot of fun and GREAT for journal-ing!!
NOW....I TAG...ROCHELLE, ASHLEY, BRITTNEY, BRITTANY, CAROLINE, KIMBER, SHELLEY, STEFANIE, and TAMARA! I also tag WHITNEY...but just because I want to know what you are naming your little bun in the oven!!:)

7 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

I saw your comment on the Palmers Blog and had to check yours out. I am so sorry for your loss, but so greatful that no one is ever alone in their experiences. Logan is so sweet and that tribute was amazing, all of those beautiful words really touched mine and my husbands hearts. Your Keaton and Lillee are so cute!
Keara

kimber said...

Thanks Nikki for tagging me. It's fun to hear where people get their names for their kids.

threecrazykids said...

Cute names........I love finding out how people come up with them.

Aaron & Brittney (Dayton) Bond said...

That was so fun to read about! You always wonder how people decide. I guess I better get posting mine! HAHA!

Ren & Anna said...

That's cool!! People have such unusual names for kids these days, I love to know where they come from. It's gotta be such a hard decision!!

andreamatrix said...

It's fun to see how differently we all think. I just can't pick those names until the baby is out. I guess I'm just name challenged! I have to admit, just saying lilee makes you smile.

mshjwj said...

I love your names! I want to name a girl Lily if I ever have another girl.