"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Logan's Birthday!

Today is a day of mixed emotions for me and my dear husband. It has been three years since we had to say Goodbye to our little angel Logan. Although it is a sad day to remember, it is also the day he ENTERED our lives and we are so grateful for the influence he has had and will have on our family. We love him deeply and miss him terribly. I feel so blessed to be able to have the Gospel in my life. I know that Families can be Together Forever and I KNOW that I will see my baby boy again some day. I am SO lucky and proud to be his mommy. Here is a little montage of my angel baby. Again, be sure to turn the volume off from the music at the bottom of the page first. Any of the quotes, poems, sentiments other than personal accounts on this montage are not mine. However, they describe very closely how I felt/feel!
We love you Logan!



14 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

That was very sweet and touching. Thanks for sharing.

threecrazykids said...

I loved it!!! You're very strong and I'm sure your testimony has helped heal you and your husband. You guys are the greatest.
Rochelle

Donna said...

That was so beautiful. Thank you for sharing that Nikki and uplifting my spirit.

stef80 said...

Nikki,
You are so strong. That was beautiful.

Knights said...

That was so sweet and beautiful!

kimber said...

Wow Nikki! How can anyone not feel the spirit watching that. That was so sweet and so true. What a great blessing we have to know that families are together forever!

andreamatrix said...

How did you ever put that together? I admire you so much!

Aaron & Brittney (Dayton) Bond said...

so sweet. It made me cry. I remember when that happened and I felt so sad for you guys and now that I have a child it makes it even harder to think about. Thank goodness we know what we know about being together forever. Happy Birthday Logan!

Amie said...

Guys, that was so special. I still remember that day like it was yesterday, as I'm sure you do. I remember holding Logan and feeling his VERY SPECIAL spirit filling the room. We all have to work very hard now, so that we can get to know Logan later as he is one of the Lord's very finest.

Kristi said...

Nikki! Thank you for sharing this with us all! You are an amzingly strong woman and I really admire you!

Elise&Dan said...

Not only is Logan too special for this earth, but just remember that the Lord chose YOU to carry and give birth to such a special spirit! You and your husband are so special and important too! I admire you and your faith! I can't imagine losing a child! Thank you for reminding me to be more grateful for what i have!

Ren & Anna said...

That video broke my heart...thank goodness we can try to keep that eternal perspective!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the walk, but I'll keep you posted!

Moss Family said...

Thank you enjoyed watching the slide show. I started crying. What a perfect little boy Logan is

mshjwj said...

I am in complete awe of the strength of your faith. I still remember when you talked about it during your sacrament meeting talk. I hadn't even met you yet because we were new in the ward at the time, but I was just completely amazed and inspired by the example you and Seth have set.