"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthday Pictures

My sweet girl had two celebrations this year! Grandma and Grandpa Francois were up at Grandpa's 50th high school reunion in Minnesota this year, so they had a party for Lilee and Seth when they got back into town.
*
On September 27th, all those who could, gathered at Peter Piper Pizza. Keat was excited about it alllll morning. We had friends and family there to help Lilee celebrate! She was a bit confused by the fuss over her but seemed to have a good time.
*
The birthday girl enjoying some pizza!
The Carney's

My handsome man...boy did he look grown up that day!
Samara and Lilee
This is about the extent of Lilee's present opening abilities...although partly due to her older brother stealing them all to open them first!
Some of her favorite gifts were these two Disney Dolls, one being Snow White and one being Tinkerbell...you can see how enamored she is by them!
Lilee with her cake. I had big dreams for this cake and NOTHING worked(Steph...this picture is for you). It turned out okay, but NOTHING like I had wanted. You live, you learn!
Daddy and Lilee in her B-day shirt
She kept wanting to GRAB the flame...this was about as interested as she got with her cake
Eddie trying to help her get INTERESTED in eating the darn thing
A little help from Daddy...just stick your hand in there!!
Finally, she thought she'd try some!
*
Then, On October 4th, friends and family again gathered at the Francois abode to watch our little lady shine once again! It was great to see family that we don't see very often and we want to thank those who drove long distances to be there with us at that time!
*
Proof that Lilee can, in deed, walk!!
Loving the new book
Lilee and her Boa...she was terrified of this thing!
A much better start to the cake...
Getting REALLY excited this time...
The face to prove her excitement!!
*
We also felt that since we were already celebrating, why not add one more thing to the mix and we told our families that we were again expecting! Here is the scoop on that: Baby Becker is DUE to arrive on June 7th, 2009!
*
We have decided NOT to find out gender this time and instead of taunting and discouraging us, why not encourage us on this decision!! :) We're pretty set on the idea, but there are those who don't think we will hold out. Although in my own defense I must say that most women only have one ultrasound during their pregnancy and saying "NO" once is definitely do-able. However, due to my high risk pregnancies, I have 20-25 ultrasounds...about 22 of which they can tell gender in. SO...it's gonna be tough, but I always have wanted to experience that moment that you find out what they are WHEN they are born feeling!
*
Keaton is MUCH more aware this time and knows where the baby is at right now. He says it's a girl EVERY time we ask him. I have always thought it would be a girl, but with one of each, we really have no preference. We're just praying for a healthy little bean that will grow and develop properly and a body that will provide a place to do all of that in!
*
We are pretty set on a boy name...BROOX STEPHEN. Seth has ALWAYS wanted a boy name that had an X or a Z in it that wasn't common, so when we thought of this one, we just fell in love. We think Broox Becker sounds awesome! We are a bit undecided for girls, although we THINK we have narrowed it down to three(of course this list is subject to change in the next 9 months). SAVANNAH JEAN, NORA JEAN, and ASHLIN JEAN. My favorite is Nora, but Seth isn't quite sold and so we are leaning more toward Ashlin!
*
Guess we'll just have to wait and see!!
*
I am currently feeling okay. I don't *think* the morning sickness has hit yet, but I am not exactly myself. Seth is being a trooper and not complaining about the messy house or the undone laundry and finds something to help me with each night he gets home!
Man do I love that man!
*
Thanks for all the congratulations and well wishes. We are EXTREMELY excited and a TAD nervous to have 3 children who are BARELY 3 and younger! We'll be busy but life is meant to be enjoyed and what better way to walk through life than with the innocence that a young child brings!?
*
Please keep us in your prayers that this pregnancy runs smoothly and we have no complications. Each pregnancy I find myself thinking of my dear sweet Logan. I know that he is smiling as we receive each one of these new blessings into our home and our hearts. I worry about the "what-ifs" and the things that "could" happen, but I trust that my Heavenly Father's plan for me is perfect and I put my faith in Him to bring this child safely to our arms while he holds our Logan for us until we are able to again!
We'll keep you all posted!

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Lilee!!!!

I am so thrilled that you guys are preggo again! You have no idea. I think that you're one of the strongest moms out there because of your complications. I mean 4 babies later your still so tough and upbeat about having your procedure done and everything. Its admirable. Also, I love your outlook on having 3 so young...its gonna be great!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the new baby coming! Good for you for wanting to wait to find out - so far that hasn't appealed to me one bit:) We'll pray that all goes well. Lilee looks so much like you in one of those cute pictures!

nat said...

Happy Bday! So Ben and I did not find out what we were having with Maggie. And let me tell you, it was one of the most amazing experiences. I loved every minute! But, we had such a long wait for Little Z that we had to find out and that was amazing as well. Also my friend just had a baby boy and they named him Broox (except they spelled it like this, Brooks). Cute name either way. Plus little Nora Jean Becker is way cute. Sorry for the book that I am typing here. Congrats again! Nat

Donna said...

That little Lilee is such a doll! And I love the matching birthday cake! When I was pregnant with Tanner we kept it a surprise what the sex was. It was SO hard, but a precious rare thing to be able to do. Only the truly strong make it the whole nine months without knowing :) And knowing what your babies look like, no matter if you have a boy or girl, that baby will be absolutely beautiful!

kimber said...

I love all the pictures and I love her dress and the cake! You did a great job!
Well I haven't officially congratulated you yet, since you hadn't announced it yet when I jumped the gun, so anyways congratulations once more!!
I feel like if your pregnant then I need to be pregnant, that's just how it's been, and I know I'm gonna get jelous of you but we're trying to have more of a gap between this one. We'll see.

mshjwj said...

That cake is beautiful! I can't believe you weren't happy with it! That is awesome Seth totally helps you out. Matt is the same way. There is no chore he would not help me out with. It's so nice.

Brady and Emily said...

Hey Nikki- We found you by chance. How are you doing? Congrats on the baby.
Brady Kleyn
thekleyns.blogspot.com

The Kinsey Posse said...

You did a bang-up job for Lilee's party, that cake is darling, what are you trippin about?

I'm so excited for you and your new bun in the oven!

Ren & Anna said...

You are so faithful!!! I find myself feeling so paranoid all the time so that's a good reminder. Do whatever you want with not finding out. Who cares what people think! I just admire you for having the patience. I'm already dying to find out. 20-25 ultraounds?? Oh my!!
I think the cake looks AMAZING. And soooo cute with her dress, too! I want a girl so badly!

Mel said...

Nikki! It is so great to hear from you. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe your little girl is 1. Congratulations on #3 on the way. I hope things continue to go smoothly with your pregnancy. I love the pictures of your cute fam! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Sometimes people take the whole "unique baby name" thing a LITTLE too far. Or in your case, a LOT too far.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here thebeckerbunch.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Scientific Research shows that closely 80% of all USA grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.