"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Strong and Steady at 162 bpm

Well, after freaking out a little too much, I called my Dr. and asked if I could come in and find the heartbeat on the Doppler. They obliged, but told me I was ridiculous to think I could feel the baby this early. I got there. I waited. I waited. I peed. I waited. And then it happened...
I heard the most beautiful sound a mother can hear...strong and steady heartbeat at 162 beats per minute! Now I can relax...and maybe sleep. Thank you to EVERYONE who was concerned and were thinking of us. I am SO used to going to Dr's appts. every week to every other week that this once a month thing is hard to get used to. I see the Dr. for a regular appt. next week, then the stitch goes in on the 23rd...boo for a spinal on Christmas Eve Eve!!:) But yeah for peace of mind that the cerclage brings! By then, we'll celebrate Christmas and New Year's and then it'll be back to the 2 X's a month appts. to measure my cervical lengths! I'll have those until about 26 weeks and by then this little bean better be kicking my insides so that I don't have to worry!!:) Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes...I'm a mom...we freak out...it's what we do!!:)
Oh, and I'll be sure to get RIGHT on those updates as SOON as I get a free minute...maybe this weekend??:)

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

Peace of mind, right? I'm so glad! I'm guessing girl at 162 BPM. That's where my lulu was (I sure got used to hearing that heartbeat after being hooked to monitors 2 or 3 times a day). Good luck with the cerclage..third times a charm. I'm sure everything will work out perfectly.

mshjwj said...

That's good to know that everything is ok. It is so cool to hear their heartbeat. Nothing like it.

Tiffany said...

Your not crazy!! I felt both boys move at 11 weeks. I wondered with Kason, but when it happened again with Bridger, I knew!! I'm sooo glad that every thing is ok!

Sarah said...

Aw! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like a girl to me too! How are you doing?!!!

Sarah said...

Aw! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like a girl to me too! How are you doing?!!!

Mel said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Have a great week!

andreamatrix said...

Holy cow! I've really been off the checking blog radar for a month or so... Glad everything is good!!!

I've been charging $50 for a family shoot & individual shots, then I edit them all and give you a cd...

Michelle said...

Ok, I don't know what any of that means, but I wish you all the best, you're in my prayers :)

Ashley said...

Hi Nikki,
thanks for your comment on my blog. It really helps to know other people have gone through what I am going through. It makes me happy that you now have 2 kids and one on the way!! It scares me to death to think about ever being pregnant again, so maybe you can tell me how you did it!!! :) Thanks again for the comment on my blog and I would love to talk or e-mail or whatever. It really helps me to talk about it with other people who know how I'm feeling. By the way, who are our mutual friends? Just wondering. Thanks! Ashley P.s. my e-mail is dahlface7@gmail.com

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

So glad everything is ok! Ooooo, those nasty cerclages!! I know how much your husband LOVES those. Cuts back on those "extra curricular" activities. :) But yes, the peace of mind is reassuring. I hope the pregnancy continues to go well. We miss you!

Ren & Anna said...

Good luck!!! And I'm so glad you got to hear that and are feeling relieved. It's worth feeling like the doctor thinks you're crazy. :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים נוספים אנא לפנות לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]