"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beginning of December...

Christmas festivities began early this year! We were so excited to have SO many wonderful parties and events to go to. Keaton REALLY understood this whole, Santa, Christmas, presents thing this year and it made everything THAT much more fun! Even Lilee got really into all the lights and decorations around town!
*
First, we were invited by the Wright's to attend their annual Christmas Block Party. What a fun time it was to chat with friends and neighbors(not ours, but you get the sentiment)! The only thing that made it even better was a visit from the MAN himself!!
*
Here is Keat giddy to have a picture with "Santa"...he had NO IDEA what was coming...
All of a sudden, Santa comes walking down the street...all the kids went krazy!! Everyone ran to where he sat and all kneeled or sat waiting to see what was in his BAG! Keat could NOT contain himself at this point. He waited SO patiently, but was bouncing on his knees and rocking back and forth...so cute!
*
Lilee's turn...NOT TOO SURE about this guy...2 seconds later she realized it was NOT someone she knew and I thought she was going to give him a knuckle sandwich...she's a bruiser!!
When Keaton's name was called he was SUCH a big boy...got up, politely walked past the rest of the kids, took his present and said, "thank you"! He was SO graceful...of course, if you know my kids, you know they are the most CLUMSY little's you will ever meet, so on his way back, it wasn't surprising that he tripped over...well, nothing...and slid about 5 feet on his present...good thing his book was still wrapped!!:) But, in grand Becker form, he simply stood up, and ignored all the parents asking if he was okay!!:)
It was a great night and we are so thankful that we were invited! Thanks Wright's!
*
Later that month, another Christmas tradition took place. For pretty much as long as I can remember, my dad and I have attended some sort of Christmas Music "performance"! It started out as watching the Phx Boys Choir every year, but after a while, their show got too "unique" and lacked the traditional songs we both enjoyed. From that point on we tried to find something we would like. The past two years we have decided on a performance of Handel's Messiah. Last year we went to the sing-a-long. While it was fun and I know my dad enjoys belting those songs out, it is a bit much to hear people, some of which have NO musical talent, singing their lungs out! So, this year we opted for the PROFESSIONAL version. The phoenix symphony put on an amazing performance and truly, I was in awe. I have always been very TOUCHED by music and this performance was no exception...tears were in my eyes...don't laugh! This year, I bought the tickets and my dad treated me to dinner. We went to Durants, an UBER fancy restaurant in PHX. I don't think I've eaten anywhere that pricey before. It was a nice treat, although I'm not sure how many people thought I was the "mistress"...I always try to make mention of my mom and loudly say, DAD, so people don't get the wrong idea!! Thanks Dad for a wonderful evening! Next year, same bat time, same bat place!!
*
This one was just for fun because she was TOTALLY stuck. Instead of HELPING her, I yelled for Keat to grab the camera!! She was FURIOUS! That's what you get when your bum is big and you get your tiny head stuck!! I truly think she thought she was going to die...look at that face!

*

Then it was time for the annual "picking of the PERFECT tree" event! After a LOoooooooooNG time of searching, we found it! Here is Seth being wonderful and tying up the tree! It was SO NICE to have the van this year instead of people laughing at us all the way home with a tree hanging over the front and back of our car!!:)

And here are the kids while daddy does the MANLY work...at least they stayed quiet!

*

The next day we headed over to my parents for family pictures! (I'll post those in a later post). Thanks Riss for volunteering your camera and your skills! While we waited for our photographer to arrive, my dad took the kids around in the Model T! It was Keat and Lilee's first time. Not sure how Lilee enjoyed it, but Keat thought any time spent with Carsten was a blast!

That night my parents watched our munchkins while Seth and I went to his work dinner party in Scottsdale. I was VERY excited about this party. I had been feeling very PREGNANT for a while and decided to treat myself to a new outfit that actually FIT! I was looking good, Seth was looking good, free dinner and dancing, we were stoked! Until we go to the resort. The party was OUTSIDE...by the pool! Had it been 2 days before, it would have been 65-70* outside, but on this particular night, it was FREEZING...I had NO jacket, because, let's be honest, when you have a new outfit, you don't want to cover it with a jacket...duh! I was freeeeeeeeeeezing. Seth didn't even bring a jacket! Luckily for me, one of Seth's co-workers was there and had a sweater and a vest on and a jacket and let me wear his jacket. It was depressing to have a jacket 4 times too big on over my adorable new outfit, but I was SO grateful to not be shaking from the cold anymore!! All in all, it was a fun time! Thanks mom and dad for a night out!

*

By the time we got the tree, the kids were spent, so we didn't decorate till a few days later...for your viewing pleasure...the placing of the star on the 2008 Becker Family Christmas Tree...brought to you by RUDOLF himself!!(I apologize if anyone is offended by this picture...it was just TOO funny...and it is NO surprise that my kids spend more time than probably usual NAKED!!) Be glad I edited the photo...the original will be a GREAT one to show his future wife one day! Bwahahahahahha!

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Great pics! Love the naked shot! I can't post lots of my kiddos pics cuz they are in their underwear and such.

kimber said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas. That's so sweet that you and your dad have that tradition.
I love the picture of Lilee stuck and ofcourse of naked Keaton putting the star on the tree!! (that will be so fun to show his girlfriends, or maybe just his future wife)

Ren & Anna said...

That picture of naked Keat is hilarious!! And I think it is sooo sweet that you and your dad have that tradition!! Love it!

mshjwj said...

That last pic is too funny! Glad you guys had a nice holiday season with fun traditions.

Amie said...

So Aiden and I just scrolled through the pics first, not reading the words. And we were thinking, "What sort of funky pants does Keaton have on?" Then we began reading the words...and I LAUGHED OUT LOUD SO HARD IT SCARED AIDEN. When I told him what I was laughing about, he got a kick out of it too. Watch out Keaton...your cousin might use this photo as black mail in years to come! :) Loved the post!

The Q Family 5 said...

Oh my holy crap!! That pic of K is just TOO FUNNY! I LOOOVE me some blackmail pics! Looks like you guys had a fun and busy holiday! Look at your ticker! WOO HOO! :)