"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Christmas Hustle and Bustle

That is EXACTLY what we've been doing lately...running around from one Christmas show or party to the next!! While is has been hectic and our kids are beginning to think their bedtime is after 10pm...it has been so much fun! Here are a few highlights!

Our little angel Lilee!!
She had her 2 month check up...about 2 weeks late. AMAZINGLY...Lilee weighs in at 13lb. 10oz. She is in the 75-90% for weight. However, she looks itty because she is 25 inches LONG. She is completely OFF THE CHARTS for length! And of course, our kiddos are doomed with small heads(although this in NO indicator of brain size...I've asked)! Her head is in the 10th%. She is our little super model with her length!

Sittin' pretty in her bumbo!


Her head FINALLY fits into the walmart hair bands!!

Our trip to the Temple Lights. It was RAINING...but we still braved it. Keat was more interested in splashing in puddles than in the lights...oh well!

Then, we went to the zoo-lights! Again, Keat had more fun on the carousel than with the millions of lights that were all over the zoo!!

Here is dinner at Peter Piper Pizza's with cousin Carsten before the zoo!

Then off to the zoo!!
And finally, last night we went to the McCormick Railroad Park in Scottsdale with Grandma/Grandpa and Carsten! Keat is OBSESSED with "choo-choo's" so we though this would be perfect!! It was SO MUCH FUN and the kids even made it on the Live News!! YEAH!!
With Grandpa looking at the model trains...like a kid in a candy shop with these two!!
Waiting for the train...grandma and Seth waited in line with Lilee so we could "play"
At the end, we got a picture with Santa...my kids did GREAT!! If you know Keat, you know he is a CUDDLE BUG...and he had NO FEAR of sitting on the big jolly man's lap...he had NO CLUE who he was, but still...no fear! We don't have the picture...I'll have to see if I can take a picture of the picture and add it later!
OH, and PS...for all those wondering...I failed! :( I decided that taking on the Book of Mormon in ONE month...being DECEMBER...was too krazy. So, I will vow to do it in January or February when we aren't HUSTLING AND BUSTLING!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

10 comments:

Donna said...

That little Lilee is an angel! I love, love, LOVE that picture of her all bundled up in the pink blanket...those blue eyes are to die for!

Sara Phillips said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun getting ready for Chirstmas. Merry Chirstmas and let me know when you are coming up.

Mark and Karen said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady!

If I could choose, I would choose a smaller head. They are much easier to push out. My kids on the other hand, had huge heads as babies. Ouch!!!!!

No, we did not get hit with the flood. It was west of us. That weekend was pretty crazy though with down-pours non stop. (When it rains here, it usually just drizzles off and on all day not down-pours.) Then there was crazy wind on top of that.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

The railroad park looked like so much fun! You kiddos are adorable! You are so blessed! Thanks again for watchin' my little bugs the other night!

Amie said...

Busy, busy is the name of the game for you guys! Won't it be nice when life slows a bit?! I also love that picture with Lilee all bundled with her sweet face poking out. Looks like Keaton has enjoyed every minute of your BUSY-ness!

Ren & Anna said...

Didn't you love the zoo lights? Really cute pictures!!! Merry Christmas!

Michelle Hall said...

Hi Nikki! How are you? It's so good to see your blog, I love it! I'm totally adding you to my page :) Hope you had a great Christmas!

Knights said...

I love the christmas season - so much to do and get ready for! Its a busy time, but well worth it :-) The pictures were great, looked like a lot of fun!

Rusty Shelley Emma and Annabelle said...

What beautiful kids you have. What a great time of year. I just love it. I lvoe to party. It is nice to see you are doing great. We really do need to meet at the cemetary sometime. To answer your questions, I am 3 months along, due July 11th. My sister in law takes great pictures. She took most of the pictures on my Christmas card. I hope you have a great day and a fabulous New Year. Talk to you soon.

Kaydi Rae said...

Nikki--it's been a long time!! your family is adorable!! I hope 2008 brings you all the best!