"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, March 7, 2009

MARCH OF DIMES

I have been a MAJOR slacker this year. Things are just krazy for us, as I'm sure they are for everyone else. Amid all the chaos, I have once again started a family team for the March of Dimes "March for Babies"!
*
Here are the details...
*
WHEN: April 18th @ 8am...7am registration
WHERE: Wesley Bolin Plaza...Phoenix, AZ
WHO: ANYONE IS INVITED TO JOIN OUR TEAM!!
WHY: I have always held a very special place in my heart for the March of Dimes. I am confident that with continued support, one day, even babies born as early as my Logan will stand a fighting chance...thanks to the March of Dimes. Not a good enough reason?! Here are just a few more...
*
The March of Dimes uses 77 cents of every dollar you raise in March for Babies to support research and programs that help moms have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives. And your funds are used to bring comfort and information to families whose baby was born too soon, or sick.
*
LOCALLY:
Each year, $100,000 is awarded to select community-based organizations focusing on maternal and infant health. Additionally, the NICU Family Support Program at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in PHX touches 700 families per year by offering emotional support and education to those with a baby in the NICU.
*
NATIONALLY:
466 active March of Dimes research projects were held in 2008
99.5 million dollars in research grants in 2008 working for solutions for every baby.
13 March of Dimes researchers have received Nobel prizes.
*
This is a charity I hold VERY near and dear to my heart!
*
This is an invitation...JOIN OUR TEAM! Walk with us to support babies. Donate what you can, IF you can! HOLD YOUR BABIES CLOSER and be grateful for their health!
*
Last year we had a GREAT time...there were about 20 people in our group. We had matching shirts made(thanks to Richard Owen and Shirts 'N Stuff). We laughed, we walked, we talked, we enjoyed the booths, the free stuff, the free lunch, and knowing we were making a difference!
*
Wanna join?! Here's how...
Here's some photos of last years walk...it really was a GREAT time!


6 comments:

Joey Clements said...

Those are such great pictures from last year! I wish I lived a bit closer to you so that I could be on your team. I will find out if there is a March of Dimes walk here though that I can support. It's a wonderful cause!

Rochelle said...

I have always wanted to walk and this year I'm determined to make a go of it!So, I'd like to be on your team. What else do I need to do?

Knights said...

Last year was a blast! I am so glad I was a part of it :-) Not sure if I can this year, but I will try.

Moss Family said...

I REALLY wanted to walk last year but couldn't...so I am SOOOO hoping we can walk this year....is there a deadline to register? MAYBE you typed it and I missed it?
YAY I hope it works out!

Ren & Anna said...

Your belly is adorable. I know you don't have more recent shots on here, but I'm sure it's still so cute! I can't believe you're already so far along..time is flying!!!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Wish we were there this year to walk with you guys. We really enjoyed it last year! Your little belly is so cute! I'm sure you're just as tiny as ever. You'll give birth and then put your jeans back on before you leave the hospital! You are one on those lucky girls!!