"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, June 15, 2008

To Father's...

This is a tribute to the great men in my life. I am so blessed to have such wonderful examples of manhood around me.
.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY!!
My dad is a goof...he is loud...he is hard working...he is loving and he is a wonderful dad! I think what I have enjoyed most is watching him be a GRANDfather...he loves my kids so much and they adore him!! He is always so happy to see them and spend time with them. He is the first to volunteer to change a stinky diaper and the very next moment he is on all fours chasing Keaton around the house!! I love you!


.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Papa BECKER!!
Papa Becker is so very loved in our home. I am grateful for him for raising such a wonderful son. I wish I could have known him in this life, but look forward to our first meeting in the next...I'm SURE we will get along!! Seth tells me all the time how great he was and I look forward to his humor and his love! Some of my greatest talks with Seth are about his dad...I love getting to know him better and am grateful for the knowledge that we WILL meet one day! I love you!
.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY SETH-EE-POO!!
My dear husband...what a wonderful father he is!! This morning before church we were watching "music and the spoken word" on the BYU channel. As the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was singing "How will They Know" I looked at my beautiful family...Seth was holding both kids on his lap and they were all so happy! He truly is an AMAZING man and an INCREDIBLE daddy. He comes home with open arms WANTING to play with his kids. He hugs them...kisses them...and tells them he loves them ALL day!! He teaches them kindness and shows them right and wrong. He truly is the man of my dreams and I'm so GRATEFUL that Heavenly Father saw fit to place him in my life! WE LOVE YOU DADDY!!
How will they know
The ones for whom we care
That God is love
And with us everywhere,
That life is good,
With blessings all can share?
How will they know
Unless we teach them so?
How will they learn
That though they go a stray,
God will forgive
And help them find the way?
How will they feel
The Spirit day by day?
How will they know
Unless we teach them so.
How will they grow
In wisdom and delight?
How will they choose
To follow what is right?
How can they trust
The future will be bright?
How will they know
Unless we show them?
How will they live
When they at last are grown?
What will they give
To children of their own?
Will they reflect
The values we have shown?
How will they know,
As on through life they go.
How will they know
Unless we strive to teach them so?
.
.
To all the Father's out there...here's to YOU!

12 comments:

andreamatrix said...

Fun post! Love that primary song. I keep thinking that so many people were missing from church today. Oh yeah, I'm the one missing.... At least we have our blogs.

Rochelle said...

What an adorable post!!!!! Great tribute to dads. Church was kinda hard today.....weird not seeing the same folks. At least it was only an hour.

Rae said...

Nik- Your the greatest. I love this post it made me cry. Love ya-Rae

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

You are always so good to post sweet things like this! How lucky these Seth and your dad are to have you in their life. You are always so appreciative and you are very good about expressing it! Miss you!

mormonsoprano.com said...

A sweet and touching post.

I have a very hard time singing "How will they Know" and also "Turn Around" without bawling.

We are so blessed to have these little ones for a season. Sending hugs to all of yours.

Ren & Anna said...

That is so sweet. I seriously am about to cry. I love the pictures!! I'll email you about getting together. Whoo-hoo!

Rochelle said...

There aren't many updates on our new ward. We have no leaders except the bishopric...so church was only sacrament. Yesterday we did have family home evening together to get to know everyone else. It is so different. I'm gonna love it though. They had volunteers come get primary lessons for the next two weeks so that at least the kiddos can be taught. I went to check and make sure all the lessons were taken and they had been within a few minutes. COOL huh?

nelson6 said...

Cute pics! Happy Fathers day!

Tiffany said...

How sweet! Seth is such a sweet guy!! And I think that Lilee looks like her daddy!

Rachel & Ryan said...

darling Nikki! How are you guys? Your kids are so dang cute! I would live to get together with you and Tenille and anyone else who wants to go!! It is so hot so we should totally go anytime! I wish that my absence from blogging was for a little announcement...unfortunately it is just that I am a slacker!! ha ha!

meagan said...

Happy Father's Day. I guess it's been a while since I've checked your blog because you have about 30 new posts! Whew, I feel all caught up now. I'm glad your march for babies walk went well, and that you don't have to pack your bags and head to the paficic nw just yet!

Amie said...

Your post had me BAWLING! I loved all of the pictures. What a handsome husband you have! :)