"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"CHA DOIN?"

Lately Keaton has made enormous strides with his speech. He still has a LOoooooooooooNG way to go, but it's so fun to hear his little voice come out. Pretty much EVERY day when I am putting on my makeup, he'll come into the bathroom and say,
.

.
"Cha Doin Mama?"
.
I tell him I'm putting on my makeup and he'll say, "Why?" Being his mom, I KNOW this is a trick question because if I say something like, "to look pretty" or "because I want to" he'll WANT to also!! And we ALL know how much he likes to "color" himself!! SO, I've learned to say, "Because mommy's get to put makeup on". I tried saying girls, but I don't think he knows he's NOT a girl! It's just so funny and I love watching his little personality shine!!
.
THIS...
.
.
is how we found Lilee a couple weeks back. What the heck? What is my little baby girl trying to do...GROW UP?! I never said it was okay! She's just such a little over achiever. She is so mobile and independent. She doesn't care if you are following her or not, she'll venture off all the way down the hall to our bedroom if she has a reason to! She's already getting into mischief with her brother! She is 8 months old YESTERDAY!! WOW, in 4 months I'll have another TODDLER...that's scary!!
.

.
Well...I wasn't sure if I was going to post this on my blog or not, but since it is DEFINITELY the latest news, I suppose I will!!
.
We are THINKING pretty SERIOUSLY about...
.
MOVING!!
.
AHhhhhhhhh, so scary and so exciting! Seth is interviewing for a management position at the University of Phoenix and the job is in...
.
.
WASHINGTON...
.
just outside of Seattle! It's EVERYTHING we wanted...higher pay, GREAT place to live! He is actually flying out tomorrow for a final interview. He'll leave in the morning and be back that night. We're hoping for an offer before he leaves so we can have the weekend to "decide"!
.
Of course, have you heard about this HORRIBLE housing market? Yeah, that's where the problem comes in. They want him sometime in June and it's pretty much unheard of to sell a house that quickly, and NOBODY is making a profit anymore. We actually would probably LOSE money on our investment and that's just not an option. SO, what ARE our options?! Well, I think we have decided to try to rent it out. Kinda scary, but if we can rent it for a year or so until the market gets a bit better, then we can turn around and hopefully at least break even.
.
SO, shameless ploy now...
.
If you know ANYONE who wants to move to Goodyear to buy or rent, send them our way!!
.

.
We're praying really hard and we have faith that if we are meant to be in Washington , Heavenly Father will make it possible! It's really been a whirlwind around here lately but we are SO excited about the prospects!! Pray that things fall into place for us!! THANKS!

18 comments:

Francis said...

Moving??? SAD!!! We will miss you way too much but I'm sure you'll be back to visit soon. Keep us posted on any new news and we'll be sure to put the word out there for your house.

Michelle Hall said...

Your kiddos are so cute! I love it! I didn't know Seth worked for UOP, I do too! Almost 5 years now! I wish you all the luck with everything!

Aaron & Brittney (Dayton) Bond said...

That is crazy that you might be moving! I have heard that area is so nice though. I am sure you will love it! Good luck with the house.. it is just so hard right now but hopefully that will work out. My sister and her hubby are in the same situation. They are supossed to move next month and trying to sale also.
Your kids are getting big! They are so cute!
Hope the interview goes good!

Kaydi Rae said...

If you make it to Washington let me know! I'm in Portland but my sister and her in-laws are in Washington. You'll love it if you can handle the rain! :o) Good luck and keep me updated!

Elise&Dan said...

I hope everything works out for the best! It took a long time for Dan to find something. And when it came around everything just fell right into place. I hope that is the same for you and your family!

Kristi said...

WHAT? That is so far away! But when it is that great of a deal - take it!
It would be really exciting - and GREEN!!!
Also - awesome disneyland trip! How FUN! We keep thinking that we will get there soon, hopefully! Sorry about Keat being sick though!

Knights said...

OH MY GOSH! I was about to cry when I read you are moving!! I will miss you too much - I mean I miss you as it is, now it'll be that much harder to see you. Keep me posted - oh and love the pictures and updates!

Whitney said...

HOLY COW! Washington eh? Well that is exciting! Grown up stuff is just crazy. There are so many options I just wish someone else could make decisions for us sometimes BUT I'm excited for you guys. Good luck with everything!

Lindsey said...

Nikki... Now, we've discussed this. It would be detrimental to Amy and Keaton's relationship if you move. The whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" crap is so not true. She's my daughter, so it's more like "out of sight, out of mind." Sigh. I guess we'll just have to pull a "Swan Princess" (if you haven't seen this before, let me know and you can borrow it) and send the kids to each other's houses for the summer until they fall in love and are old enough to get married.

nelson6 said...

I love that moment when you walk in and find your baby standing in the crib...seriously one of my all time favorites, it's just so cute! Your kids are just dollies! Best best best luck with WA, I know whatever is best will work out and this would give us an excuse to go visit WA, Adam loves it ther.

Jess & Sara Phillips said...

How exciting!!! We were thinking of moving there, the police departments pay really well there too. Keep us updated.

nat said...

Oh Nikki!! Moving?? I so wish that I could move to Washington. I will miss you but, if that is what the Lord wants for you then there must be a good reason for it. Can't believe that Lilee was standing up in there. And I am so glad that Keaton found his voice! Good Luck with everything! :)

Rochelle said...

Cute pics of the kiddos. Good luck with Washington. I'm so excited for you guys. I really don't want to lose you though.

andreamatrix said...

So I'm not moving or pregnant, so I guess I'm going to have to stop blogging... Or move.... Let me think on that.

Bekah said...

I loved the fun pictures!
I also love Washington. I lived their my entire life until age 18. I lived in Tacoma (just outside of Seattle) and a few smaller towns. All on the west side. I know you will figure out what is meant to be for your family. I know my BIL sold their house in Tucson in March and lost $30,000. It definitely could have been worst because at least they sold it in only 3 months. But it's a tough tough market.

Mark and Karen said...

We lost on our house too when we moved. When we priced our house 30,000 under all the others in our neighborhood, it sold in a week. We lost about 20,000. If we sold it now we would have lost around 50,000 so last year it was actually a steal! Good luck! I do believe if it is meant to be, everything will work out. You know we will definently come visit you. We love the last trip we took to Seattle. There was no way to squeeze everything in so we can't wait to get back. Mark is actually going to be there the week of the 9th for work. He travels there at least 5 times a year.

The Kinsey Posse said...

Can I just yell with you? On Ava's 8 month birthday, the morning of, she wakes up and there 2 teeth suddenly appeared, and these are her first...and by the end of the day, she was pulling herself up. I mean, seriously..what's that all about! One day she's 7 months and learning to crawl, the next day she is moving from couch to couch standing up? NOT FAIR!!! I'm right there with you chica, only 4 more months and they'll be a year old!

kimber said...

So what's the word?!! Have you guys found anything out yet. Isn't crazy how your whole life can change so quickly, but would be so fun and exciting too. I'm sure whatever is meant to be will work out, I wish you the best of luck with things! and am anxious to hear what's going on!