"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, February 29, 2008

WE GOT SOME SLEEP!!!




Ahhhhhhhhh...we have some relief!! Last night was SO much better than any night since Lilee got sick over a month ago! THANK YOU to all who left a tip on how to get her to sleep better. I can't say it was just one thing that did it, nor am I naive enough to think it's totally "fixed", but it was SO nice to sleep for more than 40 minutes at a time. Last night, Lilee went to be about 8:30-swaddled. Woke up about 10...went in and un-swaddled her and laid her on her tummy(I feel bad for letting her cry it out swaddled and I'm afraid if she ever rolled over swaddled she'd be trapped). Patted her back and shhhhh-ed in her ear...she fell asleep. NORMALLY, 10 minutes after leaving she wakes up but last night she slept from 10-3am. YEAH!!! Then, I went in, got her and fed her a bit. She got antsy so I rocked her and she fell asleep. She woke COMPLETELY up when I went to lay her on her belly. I shhhh-ed her for a bit and then just left the room and SHE WENT TO SLEEP and SLEPT until 8:15 am!! YEAH FOR SMALL MIRACLES!! Seth went in to work a couple hours later than usual and partook of the extra sleep so we are BOTH finally feeling like we can rejoin the human race and actually think clearly now!! It was nice. Like I said, I'm not sure exactly what is changing things, but whatever we are doing we are going to keep it up and hope for the best!!

THANKS AGAIN for all the help!!




OH...AND HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!

7 comments:

nat said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! Sleep glorious sleep.

threecrazykids said...

You crack me up! I'm so glad she is sleeping better. Ups and Downs of having little ones I suppose. They grow so quick its frustrating that we have to miss so much being sleep deprived. Glad everyone is getting healthy again. No luck on our house..we were gonna do a lease/purchase but that isn't working out. I'm never gonna live with my cute hubby again. :( (or at least it seems that way).

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I'm so happy for you!! Hang in there!! The day will come . . . . .!

Jace and Heidi said...

Oh it is soooo nice to get sleep! You soo take it for granted when you don't get any. I'm glad she is sleeping for you! Hopefully it sticks!! And thanks for all of your kind words. We are so glad to have friends like you!

Lindsey said...

Hooray! I'm so happy! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she keeps it up!

Elise&Dan said...

It's amazing how just a little more uninterupted sleep can do wonders! I hope she still cuts you a break!

mshjwj said...

I know exactly how you feel because Matt has taken over getting up with Jacob for the past couple weeks because I thought I was getting so depressed from being so exhausted all the time and I can't believe how much better I feel!