"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Keaton's 2nd Birthday

Happy Birthday to my Little Man! I can hardly believe that it has already been TWO years! Where has the time gone?! He has become such a great little kid and I wouldn't change a thing about him! He is high energy and keeps me on my toes, but he listens and is so much fun to play with!! I just love this little boy more than I could ever try to put into words! He has blessed our lives so immensely and I am so grateful to have him in our Forever Family! He is a WONDERFUL BIG brother and Lilee adores him! He is so good to always share his toys with her and entertain her when he needs to. I am so excited to watch him grow and develop even more. I can't wait until we can have "REAL" conversations! I'm sure the things that he will come up with are going to be hilarious...it's just his personality! He is for SURE his daddy's son! These two look identical!! Keat loves to do anything with his daddy and he helps us out so much whenever we need him to! I LOVE YOU BABY BOY...you absolutely light up our lives!!

He had his 2 year well check yesterday and is growing growing growing! He is in the 75% for height and 50% for weight. He had to get two shots in the arm and did great with the first, but then jumped when the second one went in and had to get poked again. It was so cute afterwards because anytime yesterday that he saw his "stickers" on his arms he would point and suddenly get sad like he just remembered they hurt...what a cute kid!

Here are some pictures from the festivities at his birthday party!
.
It was a BUZZ LIGHTYEAR theme and the kids all seemed to have a good time!! The weather was PERFECT...in the 70's...and the company was great!! Thanks to all who attended and helped Keaton celebrate!!
.
Amy L.
.
Birthday Boy!
.
Freeman C. and Amy L.
.
Grandma Jean, Nana, and Tyne
.
Amy L. and Lilee hanging with Lindsey L.
.
Cousin Kolby
.
Our MAKE-SHIFT sand box until daddy can make his big one!!
.
Opening Presents
.
The cake...it is SUPPOSED to be SPACE with Buzz on the moon and Zurg on another planet!!:)
.
Keat's own STAR cake!
.
It was a really fun day and Keat really enjoyed himself and all of his friends!!
.
.
Here are a few other pictures from the last week or so...
.
Ketaon's FIRST HOT CHOCOLATE!! Mmmmmmm, don't you love the mess?!
.
KEATON IS LEARNING!!! Yeah....it has been WAY easier than I thougth it would be but we have a LONG way to go still!! He'll go anytime I ask him if he has to and he just jumps right on the big potty, does his business, and gets down!! I can't WAIT to have only one in diapers!!
.
My little duckies!! Don't they look cute after their baths!!?
.
Lilee has started to put her thumb in her mouth...we haven't figured out if she is gonna be a thumb sucker or if she is just teething. The Dr. said she has teeth about ready to come in, so that is what I am thinking...because she doesn't suck...she just gnaws all day and drools EVERYWHERE!!:) But it looks cute!

6 comments:

Jess & Sara Phillips said...

I love the cake!!!

Ashley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Keaton!!! He is so cute Nikki!! I'm still trying to decide what theme to go with for Jacob's b-day!! fun fun!! You are such a great family!!!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Soooo fun, Nikki!! Did you do the cake? You have such an imagination!! You are the best cake-maker. I remember last year's was "Better-Than-Ahem" cake. (I'll keep it g-rated) ;-) What kind of sand did you end up getting? It looks like everyone had a blast!

Knights said...

It was a great birthday! Can't wait to celebrate more - and some day with my little ones to join in the fun. You did a great job - Keaton has a great family :-)

Mark and Karen said...

Happy Birthday Keat!

Kristi said...

Sooo sweet! Happy birthday little man!