"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

What does love mean to you?
Love is comfortable and exciting, peaceful and scary, perfect and a mess, beautiful and ugly all at the same time. It is UNCONDITIONAL!

What do you want out of a relationship?
All the things mentioned above. I want to be best friends forever.

What's the one thing that just makes you melt about your husband?
Watching him with our kids...he's the most amazing father and he comes home from work and actually WANTS to play with them...he doesnt' just feel like he has to. I love it!!

July 17th 2003

What is the best part about NOT being single?
I love knowing that I will ALWAYS have someone to lean on and who will support me and lift me up.

What is your dream date?
Anything PLANNED by Seth. One of the best dates was when he called from work and told me to be ready when he got home. I didn't know until we got to the place where we were going and what we were doing. It was actually really a simple date, but I loved being surprised!!

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Nope!

What's your all time favorite love song?
OH so many...for those of you who came to our wedding, we gave out CD's of our favorite love songs to take home. We always talk about making one for each year we are married because there are always more we think of or new ones that came out. (If any of you want a sappy love song cd we have about 50 leftover still...just ask:))

First Picture...First Dance '02

What is you and your husbands song?
Okay...we didn't have one and it ALWAYS bugged me so Seth got together with his friends and MADE...wrote, sang, etc...a song for US! It is a HOOT to listen to!! One of our songs is AT LAST because that was OUR song at our wedding!

Where did you meet your husband?
At college...same apartment building...mutual friends...singles ward...you get the picture!

What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
He came over after my roomate borrowed their vaccuum and we all watched movies. Of course I thought he was pretty nice and nice to look at!! Another one of my roomates sort of called "dibs" on him but after not making a move for a week or so, I jumped in!! (there were no hard feelings)

What he was wearing?
Are you kidding me?! Idunno. Probably one of his 8th grade shirts and jeans that he still has to this day! Thankfully, since we've been married at least HALF his wardrobe is recent!!

Where was the first time you kissed him?
Unofficially~on the couch in his apartment...Officially~on my couch in my apartment!!

Utah trip '03

How did he ask you out?
I really don't remember all of this. I'm pretty sure we just talked about it. OH...I remember now...we planned on going to a movie but then he never called the day of...he stood me up!! The next morning I had a NOTE on my truck window saying he was a POO HEAD and he'd make it up to me! Good thing I gave him another shot!

Where did you go for your first date?
Our first OFFICIAL date was to the movie THE RING!!! WOW, scary!! Sometimes we say that our first date was at a stake Halloween party where I had to work a booth for the kids. He was the only one I could find that would come with me!!

Did you kiss on the first date?
NOPE!

How long did you know your husband before you became a couple?
Like a minute?! HAHAHA, no...he was just getting out of a long term relationship and wanted to date different people...THEN HE MET ME, and after I went on a couple dates with other guys he decided that maybe we should be exclusive and see where it would go!!

How did he propose to you?
It was Easter weekend and we were going back to his hometown to spend it with family. On Friday, he gave me an Easter Egg that had a charm for my necklace. On Saturday, he gave me an Easter Egg that had perfume in it. On Sunday, while we were "hunting" for eggs at his house, I "found" an Egg that had my ring in it...I opened it, he got on one knee, and the rest is history!

Engagement Photos '03

Do you have kids together?
Three BEAUTIFUL kiddos. Logan(our little angel), Keat(our wild man...can you believe he's TWO already?), and Lilee(our princess)!!

When was the first time you realized that you were in love with your husband?
Don't know how far into the relationship, but I told him I loved him on New Year's Eve at his family's house!

When was the first time you realized he was THE ONE?
Again, I don't remember WHEN...but at some point I came back home to my apartment and told all of my roomates that I was going to marry him. I just knew...he took a bit longer to figure it out...but in the end he did!

Do you get along with any of the ex's of your partner?
I've met her and she's friends with his family but we don't really see her that often!

Sedona '04

What’s the most expensive thing your husband has given you?
Our kids and his time...both are priceless!

What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves?
He isn't more romantic!!

What is one thing you do that gets on his nerves?
I don't clean as much as I should...I'm working on it!

Where do you see each other in 5 years from now? 10? 15?
In love...more kids...bigger house...more friends...HAPPY!!!

California '06

10 comments:

Kristi said...

That is really sweet Nikki! I love it! And, I totally want a romantic CD. We are the opposite - we can still not agree on "our song" maybe we could find one from your selection:)
I hope you know how lucky Seth is to have you, and just tell him that a dirty house means you are living live and loving your kids instead of watching it go by with a dustpan in your hands. <---- That is what I tell Jonathan on those crazy days that happen all to often:)

kimber said...

How fun! I love all the pictures. Dating years are so fun (when you found the right one). But I agree, nothing beats watching a dad just love his kids so much and love to play with them.

Francis said...

Ahhh...how sweet is that! I love all the pictures and the nice recap. Amazing how much love grows over the years. Love it all!

Mark and Karen said...

Thanks for sharing! And can I say, you are hot in those pictures?!

Donna said...

How sweet! I LOVE the black and white picture. Gorgeous!!

Tia said...

Hi! Don't ever feel wierd blog stocking I do it all the time. I wish I had more pictures from that shower but thats it. Here is the link for the pom poms, they're from Martha Stewart. Here is another link for some great shower ideas too! Let me know if you need anything else - Good luck!

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=efb9608f8532f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=pom%20poms%20and%20luminarias&rsc=header_1

www.hostesswiththemostess.com

cammac said...

that was so sweet! I love the time line! Cute family! Love, Cam

Jess & Sara Phillips said...

Cute pics, I love that you share all your past pictures with us.

andreamatrix said...

Great pictures. Fun to hear some of your "history". Had a lot of fun last night! I'm glad we were at your table.

Ren & Anna said...

That is such a sweet post! I loved seeing all your pictures. I had no idea that's how he proposed. That is such a cute story!!!