"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 19, 2007

SUPER MOM

Super Mom....heehee, yeah right! Well...at least that is how I felt this last week. For those who know me, you know it is completely UNCHARACTERISTIC of me to venture off on my own, with both kiddos...but I did it...all the way to Flagstaff! It was such a great time! I got to go and visit with our friends the Oldroyds. We had a baby shower at Olive Garden on Friday for Bec and the boys. (Becky and Dave are adopting two little men, J D and Lucas, from Guatemala) It was great to see old friends from the ward and eat in peace. THANK YOU TYNE FOR WATCHING THE MONSTER THAT IS KEATON!! :) After that, Dave and the Oldroyd girls all watched my little munchkins while Becky and I went shopping and to dinner. I guess it's not hard to adventure on your own when you have SO MUCH HELP! Thanks again Dave, Britney, Jessica, Faith, and Kara for watching Keat and Lilee. OH, and here are a couple pictures of their evening...compliments of Brit and Jess.



Then, on Saturday, Keaton's friend, Jacob, turned TWO...so we went to Scottsdale for the party!! He LOVED the Curious George theme and was more excited about the cake with George on it than the presents everyone was opening! While I didn't get any pics of this...if you check out "Ang and Cody Thomas" on the left...you can see pics on their blog!! CUTE FUN TIMES!! Thanks again for inviting us!!

That brings us to Sunday. We got to go to church at our NEW time...11am...in our NEW building. Things were a little rough...seeing as Keat usually naps about noon-1. However, we got through church, got home, and Seth turned on the TV for football, as usual. This is what was on....and this is Keaton BEYOND THRILLED!!


I am nervous that we may have to spend our weekends watching NASCAR now!! The kid LOVES cars...he was clapping and yelling "GO, GO, GO" over and over again! TOO CUTE!! Just what I need though...two boys fighting over what sport to watch on TV!! I didn't expect this so soon!! :)

8 comments:

Rusty Shelley Emma and Annabelle said...

Your children are just beautiful!!!I am so glad that you found me. I think of you often and keep forgeting to call you. I live so far that it is hard to have an empty schedule when I go into town. I am so glad we can at least keep in touch this way. I really have wanted to have lunch with you at the cemetary. Things always seem crazy. I don't even know what I do. Anyway, I hope you have a great day. Talk to you later.

Sara Phillips said...

We are in the Walnut Canyon Ward, I don't think the Oldroyds are in our ward, but I don't know everyone yet so I could be wrong. I'm glad you are finally in the new building, so much closer to your house, but too bad about the time.

The three of us said...

So cute!!! Such a cute little boy!! Jacob loves cars too..they are boys for sure!! I can't get onto mormon mommies at all today, are you having problems too??? Thanks for the congrats, I can't believe I'm going to have a little girly!!!! YAY!

Knights said...

Way to go Super Mom! I had a great time with you and the cuties Sat, SO glad you could come :-)

Ren & Anna said...

Wow...watch out for the boys and their football addictions! :)

Moss Family said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! You go girl! I am so proud of your adventures all the way to flagstaff! It sounds like you had lots of fun! Your babes are adorable!

Amie said...

Nikki, you're not brave...just a super mom! The transition from one to two kids was seamless for you! I'm jealous! :) You guys live in the perfect place for Keaton's NASCAR addiction. PIR here the Becker's come!!!

rdoldroyd said...

I love your blog. Very cute. I think you are so amazing. You go girl. Love ya
Beck