"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?"

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkins, Pictures, and STREP?

Well...that is how our weekend went!
On Saturday morning, grandma Francois, Uncle Steve and Carsten all came to play with Keat at the Estrella Mountain Pumpkin Festival. It was SO fun...although Keat was exhausted by the time we made it there!

Here is a booth where they were pulled down a hill by these gracious boys. He was SUPPOSED to sit up and hold on...he decided it was a nice time for a nap!! Krazy kid:)

The kids were supposed to run back up the hill at the bottom...this POOR kid had to drag him back up because he wouldn't get off!!

Getting some sound advice from big cousin Carsten!! What a huge help he was!! He takes GREAT care of Keat and is such fun to play with!

Then, we were able to finally get some good pictures of Lilee for her birth announcements. Here are some of our favorites...
In her custom TUTU...she will be wearing this for Halloween also!

Seth didn't think these were as cute as I did...what a weirdo...just something about a naked baby that is priceless!!



And here is the one we chose...what do you think??
Soooooo, our fun fun weekend...ended on Sunday night when Keat got a high fever. At first, it was in the 101's, then, the 102's, and by morning...after a VERY sleepless night, it was in the 103's. It was time to call the dr. So, Seth stayed home to help out and we headed in. OF COURSE, by the time we got there, he was laughing and playing like nothing was wrong. We were sure she was going to send us home and say it was nothing. BOY WERE WE WRONG! The poor kid has STREP THROAT!! He has never been sick with something like this. He had RSV last year, but after a bit of sluggishness, he was really okay. The poor kid is MISERABLE!! I have never had strep so I really don't know how bad it is...but just by looking at him you can tell he is sore. SOooooo, we are now on amoxicillin (how do you spell that?) which he HATES. I swear if our neighbors could see through the window when I give him the stuff...they'd call CPS on me...it's a battle to say the least. Thank goodness he is no longer contagious...now we just have to choke down the meds for 9 more days.
Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Francis said...

I think the picture you chose for the birth announcement is my favorite too! She is just precious. The pumpkin outing is always too fun. We just love the holidays!

Ren & Anna said...

I think it's a beautiful picure!! I love little girls!! She is so cute.

Amie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture you chose! My goodness. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that little girl is so darn BEAUTIFUL. And Nana and Mandy love to hold her...I give in too much! It's my turn next! Loved the pumpkin patch pictures. Wish we were home...our boys would have loved it! you tried...:)